J.C. Penney's comes to Detroit

RustTown

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm confused why they're choosing to develop in this area. Why not focus it around downtown,new center etc. That's where people will most likely go to shop, not on the outer most edges of the city. I can fully understand trying to develop residentialy in this area rather than shopping. How is this area anyway, I'm not familiar with it? :unsure:

DetroitCity, they are developing this near the state fairgrounds because most people in Detroit live in the neighborhoods, not in downtown or midtown. Ever been up to Green Acres, Sherwood Forest, University District, & Palmer Park? Those are the people the city is trying to keep from moving out.

Southwest Detroit's proximity to the suburbs has nothing to do with its stability. The community (and especially the strong hispanic community) is the reason why Southwest Detroit is doing so well. People there are willing to shop at a neighborhood store as opposed to driving out to Dearborn, Southfield, or Livonia for all their needs.

Archived