Mennonite Community moving to Arkansas?

Sounds like a Mennonite community could be moving to Arkansas. This community is currently near Huntsville Missouri. But Missouri has recently made it so that every citizen has to have a picture drivers license. But the Mennonites don't believe in having their pictures taken. So looks like they're looking to move the community. They said Arkansas was a likely location. I thought at first maybe this might be in the Missouri Ozarks but looks like this is more northern Missouri. Perhaps they picked Arkansas because it has laxer laws than the other neighboring states. No idea though where in Arkansas they'd pick as a location. I could see them picking a spot in the Ozarks but they could pick any spot.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sounds like a Mennonite community could be moving to Arkansas. This community is currently near Huntsville Missouri. But Missouri has recently made it so that every citizen has to have a picture drivers license. But the Mennonites don't believe in having their pictures taken. So looks like they're looking to move the community. They said Arkansas was a likely location. I thought at first maybe this might be in the Missouri Ozarks but looks like this is more northern Missouri. Perhaps they picked Arkansas because it has laxer laws than the other neighboring states. No idea though where in Arkansas they'd pick as a location. I could see them picking a spot in the Ozarks but they could pick any spot.

They do not believe in having their photograph taken due to the Bible prohibiting "graven images". There's an exception to Arkansas driver's license code that you can refuse to have your photo taken for religious beliefs. I would welcome them here. Madison County would be perfect, rural, lots of farm land, and isolated from the traffic and construction of the greater Fayetteville mega metro plex.

They do not believe in having their photograph taken due to the Bible prohibiting "graven images". There's an exception to Arkansas driver's license code that you can refuse to have your photo taken for religious beliefs. I would welcome them here. Madison County would be perfect, rural, lots of farm land, and isolated from the traffic and construction of the greater Fayetteville mega metro plex.

Archived