Public sculptures around Little Rock

skirby

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. A great idea for a thread

2. I think we need more, many more.

3. I always thought MacArthur Park would be a terrific place for a sculpture park. It's easily accessible and visible from the interstate, it's in downtown and it's directly behind the Arkansas Arts Center. I'd love to see it filled with sculptures.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Little Rock has really stepped up the display of sculpture publically. Did anyone make it to the Sculpture fair Oct 5 and 6 in the Rivermarket Pavilian? There were two sculptures purchased from the event that are yet to be put on display. Money raised from the event is to be used to maintain existing sculptures (I've looked into this and it is not cheap to keep bronzes sculpture looing nice year after year).

The event is modeled after an annual event in Loveland, CO. Apparently, a sort of mecca for this sort of thing. The sculptors agreed to a three-year deal. So, if you missed it this year, look for it next year. My wife and I are going to budget so we can afford something next year.

Archived