Tubby Smith Leaving Kentucky for Minnesota!

Minneapolitan

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 things surprised me about Huggins leaving KState for WVU. First and foremost, he was offered the WVU job several years ago, while he was at Cincy, and he turned the job down. I'm surprised WVU would offer him again. Also, he has a special class coming into KState next year. That could have led to a special season in Manhattan, KS for him.

Other moves in the coaching carousel.

Steve Alford goes from Iowa to New Mexico (what is he smoking?)

Todd Licklighter(sp?) goes from Butler to Iowa (a step up into the Big 10)

I like the new coaches coming into the Big 10. I think they will be able to get each of those programs to improve big time over the next few years. This will in turn improve the quality of Basketball in the Big 10.

Openings still out there: Arkansas, Kansas State, & Texas A & M.

Wichita St. coach is going to A&M, wonder who jumps in the WSU job, and still no word on the Kstate and Arkansas job. Starting to get worried about Arkansas, they are going to lose players if they don't find a coach quick.

Archived