Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cloudship

How many sheet sets do you own?

9 posts in this topic

OK, I have to find someplace to ask this, and since this is my favorite board...

I was having a discussion today about bed sheets with some people at work. I own 5 sets, most of them think I am nuts for having that many. I figure that means I only have to wash them about once a month. Makes sense to me.

So, how many sheet sets do YOU own? How often do you change them?

I own 3 sets, but I really only change them once a month, or unless i feel dirty in my sheets. Or sometimes when my pillows act up my allergies I feel better to just change all the sheets.

Ummm, 1. Maybe this is a symptom of being single? But they go in the wash and are back on the bed in the same day. Cotton sheets are great when they have just come out of the dryer. Kinda like the first time you wear a new pair of socks :)

Haha! Fun question. :)

I own four sets total, two for the warm months and two for the cold months. I'll rotate between the two "in season" sets about once a week or so.

I own 4 sets for the master bedroom and 2 sets for each of the 2 guest bedrooms. I also have 2 sets of sheets to use for the couches downstairs if I have to use them for additional sleeping space. And the scary part, I live alone!! :whistling:

Ive got 2 sets. One is red and one is flanel! I wash them like every 2 weeks. In and out of the wash in the same day.

Hmmmm.. like 8. I've had some of them for a long time, and since I'm the only one that still uses a twin bed in my family, i kind of inherited them all. I have dark blue ones, light blue ones, dark green ones, and white ones.

We have at least 7 that I saw. There's probably more. Funny question, I never really thought about how many sheet sets people own.

We have a ton of comforters, too. My wife's grandmother quilted as a hobby and she got some of them. I think that's a pretty cool reuse of material that would be scrap, plus she has the memories of her grandmother that go along with them.

I think we have about 4, and 2 more for the other bedroom.

A related question, am I the only one who thinks the price of sheets is insane? I know about thread counts and all that, but the first time I really paid attention to the cost of a set of sheets for a queen-sized bed at a JC Penney or where ever, I about choked!