Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

heyyyitsrob

Hartford Advocate article: "Why is Hartford a dump?"

16 posts in this topic

It's a shame that people don't care about their surroundings...

It might be negative, but isn't this an important issue? Perhaps the article will force the city to do something more about these lots. Even if it doesn't, it educates the public about an important problem.

Seriously, I can't stand the negativity about Hartford sometimes.

:rolleyes: Great letting the VOODOO people cursing the city of Hartford with all that chicken they must of been doing that Chicken bone dance. Got to many witchcraft going on in Hartford :rolleyes::scared:

It might be negative, but isn't this an important issue? Perhaps the article will force the city to do something more about these lots. Even if it doesn't, it educates the public about an important problem.

Not sure where the negativity is there... Good reporting, well written article......the "truth"*

*not sure if that word can be used on this board

It's a stupid and offensive headline.

The story is about people using empty lots as dumps. However, the headline implies the city is a delapitated and decaying place. It is inaccurate and a cheap shot at the city. More low brow, grade school antics from the wannabe journalists at the Advocate.

It's a stupid and offensive headline.

The story is about people using empty lots as dumps. However, the headline implies the city is a delapitated and decaying place. It is inaccurate and a cheap shot at the city. More low brow, grade school antics from the wannabe journalists at the Advocate.

dont take it personally.

every liberal paper in any city has headlines like that.

Boston's Weekly Dig is always poking at city issues/politics/etc

New York has the same.

That is why they write for the advocate and not the courant

infront of 111 pearl there is a sidewalk stamp in the rising star fashion that says 'Hartford, New England's Poorest City' I think that just about sums it up.

infront of 111 pearl there is a sidewalk stamp in the rising star fashion that says 'Hartford, New England's Poorest City' I think that just about sums it up.

Remember, it's the people in the suburbs that cause Hartford's problems...they must sneak in at night and dump all their suburban voodoo ware and their used up fighting dogs in the good honest people of Hartford's back yards. :whistling:

To be fair I do totally agree that things like that landfill near the highway etc are not all of Hartford's garbage but from surrounding areas...but then again, the hundreds of trucks pulling into the Manchester landfill to dump are not exactly local either.

LOL Yea...okay, sure. Somehow I don't think the voodoo culture in Vernon, Manchester and/or Simsbury is very prevelant. Nice stretch. ;)