Macon Area Projects & Developments

dougtha1

Today I noticed small signs on Bass Road (around the I-75 interchange) saying, "Coming Soon - Quiznos - Across from Bass Pro Shop". I suppose it will be somewhere around the entrance of Bass Road, perhaps the same building where Starbucks is going.

Speaking of Bass Pro... I see they've started clearing the land along the entrance road for The Marketplace at Bass. It's a Fickling property, and more info is available on this PDF file for Lullwater and Marketplace..

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Today I noticed small signs on Bass Road (around the I-75 interchange) saying, "Coming Soon - Quiznos - Across from Bass Pro Shop". I suppose it will be somewhere around the entrance of Bass Road, perhaps the same building where Starbucks is going.

Speaking of Bass Pro... I see they've started clearing the land along the entrance road for The Marketplace at Bass. It's a Fickling property, and more info is available on this PDF file for Lullwater and Marketplace..

I think that this PDF File is in the Maket Place @ Bass thread... i wonder what type of retail is going to be included in this development. I hope that there are more hotels and eateries in this than Rivercrossing. Im still pulling for my Copeland's and Pappadeaux. :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

Fort Valley State University Discussing Hotel/Golf Course Resort Possibility

Crumbly, the college vice president of Collaborative Programs is discussing possibility of developing Public/private Partnerships to build a 250 room hotel/ conference center and 18 holes PGA golf course restaurant and other amenities on the university Farm property. The facilities would be part of a new degree programs for golf course management, turf management and hotel management.

Fort Valley State University Discussing Hotel/Golf Course Resort Possibility

Crumbly, the college vice president of Collaborative Programs is discussing possibility of developing Public/private Partnerships to build a 250 room hotel/ conference center and 18 holes PGA golf course restaurant and other amenities on the university Farm property. The facilities would be part of a new degree programs for golf course management, turf management and hotel management.

That sounds really nice.

MACON IS GETTING A DOUBLETREE HOTEL!!!.

The Ramada Plaza, formerly the Crowne Plaza DT, has been bought by an unspecified company out of Atlanta. They plan is to immediately change the flag to DoubleTree, aswell as begin a multi-mullion dollar renovation to the facility.

Edited by dougtha1

MACON IS GETTING A DOUBLETREE HOTEL!!!.

The Ramada Plaza, formerly the Crowne Plaza DT, has been bought by an unspecified company out of Atlanta. They plan is to immediately change the flag to DoubleTree, aswell as begin a multi-mullion dollar renovation to the facility.

This is Great News!!

yeah augusta's Doubletree is very nice, thats good news for macon to get a hilton hotel it will help alot with ppl on business & tourist. Here is some pics of augusta's dont know if macon's will be similar. Some of the pillows even have the words sweet dreams stitch into them.

AGSDTDT_Doubletree_Hotel_Augusta_gallery_welcome.jpg

AGSDTDT_Doubletree_Hotel_Augusta_gallery_accom_cookiewelcome_large.jpg

AGSDTDT_Doubletree_Hotel_Augusta_gallery_accom_atrium_large.jpg

AGSDTDT_Doubletree_Hotel_Augusta_gallery_accom_sweetdreamspillow_large.jpg

AGSDTDT_Doubletree_Hotel_Augusta_gallery_leisure_pool_large.jpg

AGSDTDT_Doubletree_Hotel_Augusta_gallery_restaurants_andrews2_large.jpg

AGSDTDT_Doubletree_Hotel_Augusta_gallery_restaurants_lotuslounge_large.jpg

Edited by augga706

• 2 weeks later...

Where did they decide to locate??? I know that they were talking to Market Place @ Bass and Shops @ Rivercrossing.

They're going in to The Market Place at Bass. This article from the Macon Telegraph says they expect to open next Spring. I drove by there on Monday, and they're really working on getting the site prepared for construction.

• 2 weeks later...

Drury Inn - Starcadia Cir. (144 Rooms) - Coming Soon

Unknow Hotel - River Place Dr. (88 Rooms) - Coming Soon

Georgia Bob Barbeque - Northside Drive - Coming Soon

**Rumor*** Red Robin, TGIFridays, Jack In The Box - Hartley Stations - Coming Soon

Edited by dougtha1

Drury Inn & Suites Coming Soon

Drury Inn Hotel Planned for North Macon/Bibb County: 144-room Drury Inn & Suites is planned for North Macon as part of the Flicking & Co. Lullwater village development off bass Rd. next to Starcadia & I-75. It will be 115,061 sq ft Structure with 6 floors. It Compared to Marriott Court Yard, Hilton Garden and Hampton Inn Suites. I t will a indoor/out pool, exercise room, free hot breakfast, complimentary cocktails in the evenings for guest, a hour free long distance and business center. Drury Inn & Suites in Macon

Drury Inn & Suites Coming Soon

Drury Inn Hotel Planned for North Macon/Bibb County: 144-room Drury Inn & Suites is planned for North Macon as part of the Flicking & Co. Lullwater village development off bass Rd. next to Starcadia & I-75. It will be 115,061 sq ft Structure with 6 floors. It Compared to Marriott Court Yard, Hilton Garden and Hampton Inn Suites. I t will a indoor/out pool, exercise room, free hot breakfast, complimentary cocktails in the evenings for guest, a hour free long distance and business center. Drury Inn & Suites in Macon

Drury Inn - Starcadia Cir. (144 Rooms) - Coming Soon

Unknow Hotel - River Place Dr. (88 Rooms) - Coming Soon

Georgia Bob Barbeque - Northside Drive - Coming Soon

**Rumor*** Red Robin, TGIFridays, Jack In The Box - Hartley Stations - Coming Soon

jack in the box??!?!? wow talk about a non-georgian franchise coming in ..... i see all the commericals on tbs seems great, ive traveled out west texas and cali - they seem to like them alot.... well see how that comes to life... wendys hardees burger king shaking?!?! :P