Macon Area Projects & Developments

dougtha1

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

where is going to be located, I was in that area yesterday and i saw a newly construction site next to the dealership across the street from the shoppes at river crossing.

It's on Sheraton drive about two miles from the shoppes,down past Groome.The shopping center next to the dealership is Riverside Corners,I think AT&T is going in there.

the Kroger shopping center on forsyth road is being renovated in order to update and modernize the center,the inside of the Kroger store will also be renovated.

George,

Any chance this will change to Kroger's new Fresh Fare concept designed to compete against Whole Foods, The Fresh Market, and Trader Joes?

George,

Any chance this will change to Kroger's new Fresh Fare concept designed to compete against Whole Foods, The Fresh Market, and Trader Joes?

I know Kroger had plan to open a Fresh Fare store on Bass road but backed out,now Publix is going in that spot.I haven't heard if that is the plan for the Forsyth road store,I have only heard that it will be a major renovation in order to compete with the Fresh Market.

Macon Diner has a closed for renovation sign on the windows,I don't think it will re-open,with all the money problems the owner has been having.A local hotel has locked up all of his stuff because of a 4,000 dollar unpaid bill,and have an arrest warant(sp) out for him.

why renovate a restaurant less than a year after it open,and they were taking down all the Macon Diner signs.

• 3 weeks later...

MACON IS GETTING A DOUBLETREE HOTEL!!!.

The Ramada Plaza, formerly the Crowne Plaza DT, has been bought by an unspecified company out of Atlanta. They plan is to immediately change the flag to DoubleTree, aswell as begin a multi-mullion dollar renovation to the facility.

Is this still happenining along w/Friday's and Starbucks?

Macon's Ingleside area may get New retail, office development

Plans are to demolish the existing buildings - one of which has been used for commercial purposes - and build a new 19,200-square-foot building with retail on the first floor and offices on the second floor. The site would be accessed from Ingleside and Rogers avenues.

http://www.macon.com/102/story/476255.html

Edited by yerocal

• 2 weeks later...

Im so excited about all of the developement and growth downtown....I just moved DT from Lizella last week and I love it already. I think as more residents choose urban living over life in the suburbs we'll see the commercial growth catch up to residential growth downtown. There are already a few very healthy and near fully developed strips downtown, such as MLK/Broadway. There are very few vacancies on this strip until you get back to the industrial area and there is a lot of new construction on this street. Mulberry Street is pretty much fully occupied with healthy businesses. Cherry street is filling up but could use more tennants aswell as Poplar St. Overall the future looks good for the urban core of Macon. DT is really thriving.

• 3 weeks later...