Macon Area Projects & Developments

dougtha1

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well the description for this topic is "Shops, Eateries, Retail, Employers........", and I'm pretty sure the places you mentioned fall into those categories.

Yeah... I kind of overlooked that part... ermm.gif

Forgive me for my indiscretion.

Edited by xikartu

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow, I could have sworn I had been over that way since then. It sure doesn't feel like over half a year; I'll have to go check it out soon. Thanks.

I have eaten there several times.it's a lot nicer than the old one that use to be over there on hotel row(hampton Inn & suites,candlewood,holiday inn,sleep inn,red roof inn and la quinta inn).

I have eaten there several times.it's a lot nicer than the old one that use to be over there on hotel row(hampton Inn & suites,candlewood,holiday inn,sleep inn,red roof inn and la quinta inn).

I think I remember going to that old one just once, and it wasn't too good. If the new one is any better than the one I'm stuck with in Milledgeville, I'll have to check it out next time I'm in Macon. Usually when I'm going up that way I'm going to River Crossing, so I haven't seen much of Tom Hill Sr. in a while.

I think I remember going to that old one just once, and it wasn't too good. If the new one is any better than the one I'm stuck with in Milledgeville, I'll have to check it out next time I'm in Macon. Usually when I'm going up that way I'm going to River Crossing, so I haven't seen much of Tom Hill Sr. in a while.

it's been good whenever i have been there. speaking of river crossing they have been asking what would you like to see come to river crossing on their facebook page.

it's been good whenever i have been there. speaking of river crossing they have been asking what would you like to see come to river crossing on their facebook page.

How about the Banana Republic promised in the begining.

Apple Store

J Crew

Pottery Barn

Crate and Barrel or CB2

I don't do the facebook so would appreciate it if someone could post.

How about the Banana Republic promised in the begining.

Apple Store

J Crew

Pottery Barn

Crate and Barrel or CB2

I don't do the facebook so would appreciate it if someone could post.

I looked a few hours ago and I think most or all of those had already been requested numerous times, so you aren't the only one with those places on your wish list. I would also like to see Hot Topic open there; every now and then they have a band t-shirt I like, and I think I saw somewhere that they were closing the Macon Mall store. Also, a Best Buy would be nice somewhere in north Macon, and perhaps River Crossing could build it in that space across the parking lot from Dick's, surrounded on three sides by small shops. It would have to be a smaller store with no appliances (like the one at Tiger Town in Auburn, AL), though. For me, that would beat having to wait on a hypothetical store at Lullwater (where the Target is going on Bass Road? - I can never keep the names straight for all those developments).

I looked a few hours ago and I think most or all of those had already been requested numerous times, so you aren't the only one with those places on your wish list. I would also like to see Hot Topic open there; every now and then they have a band t-shirt I like, and I think I saw somewhere that they were closing the Macon Mall store. Also, a Best Buy would be nice somewhere in north Macon, and perhaps River Crossing could build it in that space across the parking lot from Dick's, surrounded on three sides by small shops. It would have to be a smaller store with no appliances (like the one at Tiger Town in Auburn, AL), though. For me, that would beat having to wait on a hypothetical store at Lullwater (where the Target is going on Bass Road? - I can never keep the names straight for all those developments).

from what i understand Hot Topic as signed a letter of intent(sp?) with River Crossing and the mall store has closed.North Macon Plaza(Lullwater)has been redesign 3 times that i know of,each redesign takes about a year.last i heard they are waiting on Target who keeps moving the date back.late 2012 early 2013 is the last i heard for it opening......that space across from Dick's was made for a big box store of 28,000sf.also Best Buy in downsizing all their new stores.

from what i understand Hot Topic as signed a letter of intent(sp?) with River Crossing and the mall store has closed.North Macon Plaza(Lullwater)has been redesign 3 times that i know of,each redesign takes about a year.last i heard they are waiting on Target who keeps moving the date back.late 2012 early 2013 is the last i heard for it opening......that space across from Dick's was made for a big box store of 28,000sf.also Best Buy in downsizing all their new stores.

Well that just means it makes even more sense for Best Buy to open up there. If not Best Buy, perhaps a TJMaxx or another Marshall's or one of the other stores at Eisenhower. And wasn't there supposed to be more to the Bass Pro Shops development?

Well that just means it makes even more sense for Best Buy to open up there. If not Best Buy, perhaps a TJMaxx or another Marshall's or one of the other stores at Eisenhower. And wasn't there supposed to be more to the Bass Pro Shops development?

Yes there is a another proposed Develop across the street which would include the existing Bass pro shops and a 2nd JCPenney, Macy's and a undisclosed National Up scaled Box box retail store new to this area..... The Rumor of this undisclosed retail big box was a Blooming dales store.

the Marketplace at Bass developemt is not even a pipe dream right now.it will be 5-10 yrs before they even start that project back up.there is a meeting with a judge monday about the Bibb/monore line.the judge said he will hear arguement for 3 days then has 30 to make is reconmendation.But that project is not even on ficklings pipeline development board anymore.

the Marketplace at Bass developemt is not even a pipe dream right now.it will be 5-10 yrs before they even start that project back up.there is a meeting with a judge monday about the Bibb/monore line.the judge said he will hear arguement for 3 days then has 30 to make is reconmendation.But that project is not even on ficklings pipeline development board anymore.

Have you heard any news or updates on the Power center proposed behind the Shoppes at River Crossing or the North Winds Center Development on the other side; I see on there plans it a proposed wholesales center I'm assuming thats where the rumored Costco will go.

Have you heard any news or updates on the Power center proposed behind the Shoppes at River Crossing or the North Winds Center Development on the other side; I see on there plans it a proposed wholesales center I'm assuming thats where the rumored Costco will go.

im not sure what development you're refering to by behind River Crossing? do you mean the River Crossing Marketplace across from RC or the unfinished one behind Acura? from what i know someone has bought the old North Winds land,not sure what they have planned.

im not sure what development you're refering to by behind River Crossing? do you mean the River Crossing Marketplace across from RC or the unfinished one behind Acura? from what i know someone has bought the old North Winds land,not sure what they have planned.

Yes the River Crossing Market Place is what I was talking about .....

Yes the River Crossing Market Place is what I was talking about .....

nothing for sure just,my gess is the anchor will be a jcpenny's and a Rave 8 movie place.rumors are everything from kroger,khol's,jcpenny's and a few others i cant think of.I know penny's had a plan to open in north macon,that they would own.the don't own the macon mall buliding.