• 4 weeks later...

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

Any news on what's going in directly across Riverside Dr from Bonefish and Dillards?  Good size lot being cleared the last few days.

There are three building planned for the site, according to their P&Z request from January.  The largest building, in the back left corner of the property, would be just over 55,000 square feet.  Two smaller buildings, around 6,000 - 8,000 square feet, would be in the right front.  The P&Z app listed possible uses as commercial/retail. 

Here's the P&Z agenda from Jan. 28, 2013 (see page 32)

• 2 weeks later...

There are three building planned for the site, according to their P&Z request from January.  The largest building, in the back left corner of the property, would be just over 55,000 square feet.  Two smaller buildings, around 6,000 - 8,000 square feet, would be in the right front.  The P&Z app listed possible uses as commercial/retail. 

Here's the P&Z agenda from Jan. 28, 2013 (see page 32)

55,000 sq ft sounds like a big box store.  I suppose it could also be an office building.  Looks like a lot of parking on the site for an office building though.  

55,000 sq ft sounds like a big box store.  I suppose it could also be an office building.  Looks like a lot of parking on the site for an office building though.  

The way the parking is arranged does make it look more like an office or something, and less like retail. Maybe it's something medical-related.

The way the parking is arranged does make it look more like an office or something, and less like retail. Maybe it's something medical-related.

The developers say it will be a retail store like those at river crossing...my guess is maybe an Academy Sports.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Looks lilke the 55,000 square-foot building going up across from The Shoppes at River Crossing will be a Hobby Lobby store.  It's expected to open in 2014.

http://www.macon.com/2013/09/03/2643962/hobby-lobby-to-open-store-in-north.html

Interesting; I've never heard of Hobby Lobby building a brand new store from the ground up. Usually they open in vacant buildings.

• 4 weeks later...

Developers to ask P&Z to rezone land on Zebulon Road east of Northway Church to build retail shopping center (possible grocery store, national retailers, etc.), approx. 200k - 250k square feet.  Main anchor would be approx 50,000 square feet, with about a dozen other spots for smaller retailers.  Also several outparcels.  Should go before P&Z later in October. 

Developers to ask P&Z to rezone land on Zebulon Road east of Northway Church to build retail shopping center (possible grocery store, national retailers, etc.), approx. 200k - 250k square feet.  Main anchor would be approx 50,000 square feet, with about a dozen other spots for smaller retailers.  Also several outparcels.  Should go before P&Z later in October. 

Could Publix have its eyes on a third Macon store (or fourth, if you count the still-not-built-but-long-planned Hartley Bridge store)? Can Zebulon support more grocery in addition to Walmart and Kroger?

I'm thinking Publix also.  While I think a Whole Foods might do well in Macon, I'm not sure Whole Foods would consider Macon their type of market.  There's also a Fresh Market just a couple of miles from this location.  (Of course, there's another Publix relatively close by too, so...)

Edited by poohsfolks

• 2 weeks later...

Publix was originally going to build on Zebulon Rd behind Zaxbys but when Kroger backed out of the Bass Rd location and decided to enlarge an remodel Tom Hill , took their place. I'm pretty sure it won't be Publix though. Maybe something like a Harris Teeteras far as Whole Foods they're looking to expand in midsize markets.but who knows we're probably all wrong.

• 9 years later...