Is Haywood the next McAlister?

vicupstate

I will be alright with it if Haywood gets an Armani Exchange, Jamba Juice, and Michael Kors there, along with a Sephora next to Pottery Barn. If this happens, Nordstrom will be just that much closer to opening. Think about it. A 'C' level Nordstrom would do well there. It would basically be like Belk/Dillard's best brands along with some of Nordstrom's regular designer collections, sort of like Belk Haywood mixed with Nordstrom SouthPark. That really could work.

Everything will be alright with A&F, mostly because I spoke to the manager of the A&F in Asheville today and she confirmed that it was not closing.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Hampton Inn is planning a new five story hotel near the intersection of Congaree and Haywood Roads right behind Chuck E Cheese's and Discount Tire. Construction bidding for the project goes out January 31st.

I wonder if this will have nice interstate frontage and be more attractive than their typical design?

I wonder if this will have nice interstate frontage and be more attractive than their typical design?

Yes it will. The far left, middle, and far right sides of the building on both sides including almost the entire first floor will consist of stacked faux stone similar to what you see at Falls Park and the new Peace Center plaza area. I'd say around 40% of the building will consist of this while the rest will consist of stucco.

Hampton Inn is planning a new five story hotel near the intersection of Congaree and Haywood Roads right behind Chuck E Cheese's and Discount Tire. Construction bidding for the project goes out January 31st.

Immediately behind Chuck E Cheese's and Discount Tire is a rather large appartment complex. Could it be that this will replace the existing Hampton Inn that is across Congaree Road (and does not have frontage on the Interstate) or will it occupy the vacant lot on Woods Lake Rd. that abuts the apartment complex?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Site grading permit was issued by the city for this project on July 16th.

I would try if I was Gville would to...

Have Hilton move to a newly built tower downtown where a Hilton belongs...current Hilton becomes a DoubleTree.

Old Circuit City...becomes a Potato Barn.

Add a Tesla store in mall (we are GREENville after all).

Develop the lots in front of the mall with new stores, parkish areas, etc. They are never used save one day a year...that being Black Friday.

Infrastructure wise...

Connect east Congaree road with the offramp from Haywood

Crosswalks and/or cross tunnels under Haywood and Woods Crossings.

Nordstrom is NOT coming to Haywood.

Von Maur, maybe.

The mall also needs to start preparing for Sears to close, which may well happen at some point. There was an article in a recent Wall Street Journal, stating that some mall owners, such as Macerich and CBL, have already made contingency plans for each Sears in their portfolios.

Nordstrom is NOT coming to Haywood.

Von Maur, maybe.

The mall also needs to start preparing for Sears to close, which may well happen at some point. There was an article in a recent Wall Street Journal, stating that some mall owners, such as Macerich and CBL, have already made contingency plans for each Sears in their portfolios.

I could see a Von Maur in the major markets of South Carolina. It would be good to get some new department stores in the area and Von Maur fits with other markets they are open in or considering. It would be a good Sears replacement. If Sears closes, Simon should take the opportunity to renovate the complete outside, add a open air lifestyle component (maybe with some restaurants and outdoor seating, nice landscaping, water feature, something else), and maybe a parking garage on one side.

Archived