Cable TV Bill

gatoremt

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ "The 6" as Bo Bishop calls it, has been doing well lately, in my opinion. I kind of wish they (and the Democrat) would put a little more emphasis on statewide and national news though. It seems to have become OVERLY local. (I wont even begin to talk about the new sports page in the Demmy-crap.)

Somewhat unrelated, but I talked to a Comcast rep who was out on the Capitol yesterday about the lack of the Comcast digital phone service here. She said that we should have it this summer. Starting bundle price for cable (I presume just basic), internet, and phone service will be $99.

I made the mistake of switching to satelite last year (primarily to get ESPN2 in HD for the World Cup and to get Fox Soccer Channel), and that required going with Sprint's DSL for internet service. My DSL service has been terrible, and I cannot wait to go back to cable. I guess getting the locals in HD will offset the loss of the soccer channels, and since Dish Network just hiked their prices on me, there is no longer any $$$avings from satelite.

Yeah I prefer the sprint name too. I don't know why I percieve local phone service as a dying industry. I suppose that's all due to a lack of competition. So in that regard, this bill could probably bring about some positive change. I just wonder who's waiting in the wings for Florida to open the door? Is Tallahassee going to be ignored as we often are? My assumption is yes.

Archived