Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rebarae242

Defend Charlotte Commercials

36 posts in this topic

I took it to be an ad for Fox News. Just adding a little more drama to the Charlotte news.

A2

I've seen 2 of them, the one with the train and the one with the civic center implosion. It seems like they are not wanting any kind of redevelopment.

I've seen 2 of them, the one with the train and the one with the civic center implosion. It seems like they are not wanting any kind of redevelopment.

I've also seen one that shows some industrial smoke stacks. Like Uptownliving said, I've seen these commercials several times but only during the 10 o'clock news on Fox.

I took it to be an ad for Fox News. Just adding a little more drama to the Charlotte news.

A2

Honestly, that IS what WCCB tends to do.

Wow. Utterly speechless. And I thought the music on the Enclave website was bada*s...

I've seen one where there's housing construction and they ask "Who will live here?" Now that you mention it, they are only on Fox. So what's it all about????

I'm thinking that the commercials are illustrating accountability on the part of big builders, stemming from the recent reports of Beazer Homes.

I saw one tonight during prime time. It was video of stopped traffic on

a highway. Checked the obvious website and nothin' there, name holder.

I have only seen them on Fox. And good for Fox (maybe).

If it is media sponsored, it'll only be time until it's

sensationalized and the media puts whatever spin it wants to.

Growth Vs. ?

In the meantime, i like the message they're putting out, without

being fed spin on the side.

Hopefully they'll include some smart growth ideas and other ways to

combat the things they're showing now. Discourage auto use through

public transit, bicycle facilities, and pedestrian oriented mixed use development nodes.

But, more than likely, they'll just wind up complaining about this and that,

drumming up the masses and sell advertising time. Only time will tell.

Hopefully they'll include some smart growth ideas and other ways to

combat the things they're showing now. Discourage auto use through

public transit, bicycle facilities, and pedestrian oriented mixed use development nodes.

But, more than likely, they'll just wind up complaining about this and that,

drumming up the masses and sell advertising time. Only time will tell.

Mystery over, it WAS Fox Charlotte, I just saw a new one air with 2 of the anchors talking and at the end saying "Are you ready to defend Charlotte" and a "Coming this may to Fox News at 10"

Mystery over, it WAS Fox Charlotte, I just saw a new one air with 2 of the anchors talking and at the end saying "Are you ready to defend Charlotte" and a "Coming this may to Fox News at 10"

Anyone else catch Fox News last night? I watched their segment on 'Defend Charlotte' and was actually surprised. Not that the old debate about comparing us to Atlanta was anything new or special, but they did make it clear that we (collectively as a community) need to learn from Atlanta's mistakes so we don't end up with nightmare traffic problems and the likes.

As gimmicky as the whole 'Defend Charlotte' campaign and coverage is, I have to give Fox News a little credit in that they are actually taking a pro-active stance on many issues that are debated to no end around here - decentralizing the school system, mass transit and options/pitfalls, urban development, etc. And I also give Fox News credit for making more of a public forum; we show you the facts and let you comment. I'm almost tempted to watch again tonight.

Anyone else catch Fox News last night? I watched their segment on 'Defend Charlotte' and was actually surprised. Not that the old debate about comparing us to Atlanta was anything new or special, but they did make it clear that we (collectively as a community) need to learn from Atlanta's mistakes so we don't end up with nightmare traffic problems and the likes.

As gimmicky as the whole 'Defend Charlotte' campaign and coverage is, I have to give Fox News a little credit in that they are actually taking a pro-active stance on many issues that are debated to no end around here - decentralizing the school system, mass transit and options/pitfalls, urban development, etc. And I also give Fox News credit for making more of a public forum; we show you the facts and let you comment. I'm almost tempted to watch again tonight.

So, were they able to save Charlotte? :rolleyes: Why is Atlanta being drug into this? Do the maps sold in Charlotte only show Atlanta and Charlotte? Atlanta has problems, but they're really not unique to Atlanta. If the entire country has largely managed to make the same mistakes as Atlanta, what is Charlotte's plan?

I don't really watch it, or any local news, but Fox local is much different that Fox national.