Defend Charlotte Commercials

rebarae242

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw one tonight during prime time. It was video of stopped traffic on

a highway. Checked the obvious website and nothin' there, name holder.

I have only seen them on Fox. And good for Fox (maybe).

If it is media sponsored, it'll only be time until it's

sensationalized and the media puts whatever spin it wants to.

Growth Vs. ?

In the meantime, i like the message they're putting out, without

being fed spin on the side.

Hopefully they'll include some smart growth ideas and other ways to

combat the things they're showing now. Discourage auto use through

public transit, bicycle facilities, and pedestrian oriented mixed use development nodes.

But, more than likely, they'll just wind up complaining about this and that,

drumming up the masses and sell advertising time. Only time will tell.

Hopefully they'll include some smart growth ideas and other ways to

combat the things they're showing now. Discourage auto use through

public transit, bicycle facilities, and pedestrian oriented mixed use development nodes.

But, more than likely, they'll just wind up complaining about this and that,

drumming up the masses and sell advertising time. Only time will tell.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone else catch Fox News last night? I watched their segment on 'Defend Charlotte' and was actually surprised. Not that the old debate about comparing us to Atlanta was anything new or special, but they did make it clear that we (collectively as a community) need to learn from Atlanta's mistakes so we don't end up with nightmare traffic problems and the likes.

As gimmicky as the whole 'Defend Charlotte' campaign and coverage is, I have to give Fox News a little credit in that they are actually taking a pro-active stance on many issues that are debated to no end around here - decentralizing the school system, mass transit and options/pitfalls, urban development, etc. And I also give Fox News credit for making more of a public forum; we show you the facts and let you comment. I'm almost tempted to watch again tonight.

Anyone else catch Fox News last night? I watched their segment on 'Defend Charlotte' and was actually surprised. Not that the old debate about comparing us to Atlanta was anything new or special, but they did make it clear that we (collectively as a community) need to learn from Atlanta's mistakes so we don't end up with nightmare traffic problems and the likes.

As gimmicky as the whole 'Defend Charlotte' campaign and coverage is, I have to give Fox News a little credit in that they are actually taking a pro-active stance on many issues that are debated to no end around here - decentralizing the school system, mass transit and options/pitfalls, urban development, etc. And I also give Fox News credit for making more of a public forum; we show you the facts and let you comment. I'm almost tempted to watch again tonight.

• 1 month later...

Archived