Raleigh, USA - Big City?

RALNATIVE

^To be fair, Charlotte wasn't brought up by a Charlottean. It's only natural that when one's city is mentioned, particularly in a not-so-flattering way, that someone from that city will defend it. And the overall point of A2's post was that Charlotte is gaining some true density (a hallmark of urbanity) within the I-277 loop.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For all of you Charlotte lovers who like to crash other threads, listen up. No matter how many tall buildings that get built in Charlotte, it is never going to replace or even compete with those cities listed above. This is coming from the outside looking in, not vice versa!

I knew this thread was going to be bad news when it first started and it would seem that has turned out to be the case. I recommend that everyone who recently posted in this thread go and read rule 3. Especially the 2nd bullet under it.

Tall buildings don't make a big city as many of the great cities in the world don't have many tall buildings. In fact, when that is all there is to focus on, I would say that you probably have a city that has it's priorities in the wrong place.

:angry:

Archived