Oberon is Back!

egrguy

Obsessed with Oberon Bell's plant brews a phenomenon that signals spring for beer lovers

I always had an Oberon on opening day (of beer season anyway) Its the only beer that I know of that has release parties. I know I will be at the store to pick up some, but its also neat to see the craze spreading to other states in the midwest.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 7 months later...

While not related directly to Oberon; there was a small blurb in the GR Press (sorry I cant find a link) but they are expanding their capacity. Definetly good news and hopefully this means a greater chance of getting Bell's while on the road out of state.

I don't remember why, but there is a major distribution problem with the state of Illinois. It had something to do with a law passed by the state legislature there and the owner's of Bell's didn't want to deal with it so they had to pull out. I don't know to what extent though.

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone know where I can find Oberon's in Washington/Oregon? Does Bell's have a list of restaurants that serve their beer?

I have not found any of Bell's beer on tap or in stores as of yet.

I would be extremely delighted if there was a source out here in the pacific northwest.

I found their beer/distributor finder list on their website. The beer finder list seemed incomplete but the distributer list only showed locations as far west as Minnesota & Iowa so I doubt there is any chance of me finding Bell's in the Portland/Seattle areas.

But if someone does know of a place that sells it out here, lemme know! Im in withdrawal.

I don't remember why, but there is a major distribution problem with the state of Illinois. It had something to do with a law passed by the state legislature there and the owner's of Bell's didn't want to deal with it so they had to pull out. I don't know to what extent though.

Archived