Glass Block in Hudsonville

gater

OK, i know this isn't really GR, but it's as close as we have. Does anyone know who is building that large glass block building that is cantilevered off the ground right off of i-196 in hudsonville?

thanks for your help

-gater

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OK, i know this isn't really GR, but it's as close as we have. Does anyone know who is building that large glass block building that is cantilevered off the ground right off of i-196 in hudsonville?

thanks for your help

-gater

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

AIA/YAIF took a tour of this building this week with the owner and about 30 to 40 others. Very impressive. Lamar Construction is building their new office and shop. Its located in the office park just SW of the Hudsonville exit. You can see it from I-196 eastbound coming to GR. The new facility has a 30,000 square foot shop and over 16,000 square feet of office space. The centerpiece of the building is a 52

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

They are getting much closer to moving in. They picked up their water meter horn yesterday for installation and final inspection. From a property assessing perspective, I'm not sure how much value we'll put on this place yet. It's going to be difficult to come up with a realistic number for such a rare building. I highly doubt we'll be able to get near the actual cost...

Oh, and the Meijer store that is going a few hundred yards away from this building (which are both in Jamestown Township) got another 6 month delay, pushing construction sometime into the middle of 2008. There is also going to be a Metro Health outpatient center across 32nd Ave. and a shopping center of some kind to the south of Meijer. The developers haven't given us many details on the center, but I have heard it could be "regional" in nature. The firm is National Retail Properties from Orlando.

They are getting much closer to moving in. They picked up their water meter horn yesterday for installation and final inspection. From a property assessing perspective, I'm not sure how much value we'll put on this place yet. It's going to be difficult to come up with a realistic number for such a rare building. I highly doubt we'll be able to get near the actual cost...

Oh, and the Meijer store that is going a few hundred yards away from this building (which are both in Jamestown Township) got another 6 month delay, pushing construction sometime into the middle of 2008. There is also going to be a Metro Health outpatient center across 32nd Ave. and a shopping center of some kind to the south of Meijer. The developers haven't given us many details on the center, but I have heard it could be "regional" in nature. The firm is National Retail Properties from Orlando.

..... Or a engineering marvel....

I think its better than half of the suburban office park crap we have in the area. Its unique and definitely forces people to do a double take when they see it. It makes a statement. The part I think is horrible is the terrible support space on the ground level. They could've atleast main the design uniform and the two pieces of building look like they should be next to each other

Archived