SF Pictures of the Day

Charles Pearson

...just a start for our beautiful City by the Bay...This is the one part of the Financial District looking partly at Citicorp Tower (white building) and the old Pacific Exchange building (on Bush...I used to work here in the tiptop of this building called the PENTHOUSE suite--in the Chairman's Office) north of Market Street...from the courtyard of Chevron Tower at 525 Market Street...2nd pic is Hilton Tower, my 3rd favorite skyscraper in The City...because it's so tall and as slender as a matchbox as it towers above the TL/Theatre District, and the best place for burgers on sour dough bread--old ORIGINAL JOE's on Taylor Street...3rd an expanded view of Financial District off Market...looking from 525 Market courtyard of Chevron Tower...with a peak at the infmaous TransAmerica pyramid & all the skyscrapers in heart of the finan. district of SF...4th is closer view of ORIGINAL JOE's in the Tenderloin on Taylor Street...

post-800-1174945300_thumb.jpg

post-800-1174945410_thumb.jpg

post-800-1174946221_thumb.jpg

post-800-1174946421_thumb.jpg

post-800-1174945300_thumb.jpg

post-800-1174945410_thumb.jpg

post-800-1174946221_thumb.jpg

post-800-1174946421_thumb.jpg

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is a terrific shot of our Great UrbanPlanet of SF!!! I believe this is somewhere near North Beach or Telegraph Hill??? What can one say about the GG Bridge...save it's spectacular & it remains my favorite BRIDGE in all the world.

taken yesterday mid-morning after the sun appeared!!! Yeah, the fog and rain and cold returned and the weekend had been most dreary...but it feels like Spring again...

pictured...SF Tenderloin "Ghetto" Blight...Tayor & Ellis Street aka as "crackheads hang-out" on the corner of Taylor & Ellis...The two seedy Ellis/Taylor Street adult bookstores are now CLOSED!!!...all this wild activity just a half block away from the Warfield and Golden Gate Theatre...& two blocks up to the fabo Hilton...Note: a new high-rise building under construction in the background at Howard & 5th Streets near the San Francisco Chronicle building....

TL%203.jpg

Downtown Macy's "Men's Shop" on Stockton Street near Union Square...

stocktonMACY

Four Seasons (upper right corner) is a new skyscrapper added to Market Street in recent years...That's the Marriott Hotel (upper left corner) that looks like a JukeBox on 4th Street at Mission, across the street from the Metreon...

NEW%204SEASON.JPG

Note: The domed building is the Call Building that burned during the 1906 Earthquake and Fire...

Four Seasons (upper right corner) is a new skyscrapper added to Market Street in recent years...That's the Marriott Hotel (upper left corner) that looks like a JukeBox on 4th Street at Mission, across the street from the Metreon...

NEW%204SEASON.JPG

...I think it's the Sea lion (???) next door to the Cliff House. I had a very good breakfast at that place long time ago. The old palace is up the hill...where the 38Geary stops/begins it run back to downtown. Did you take any pictures of the old Sutro Bath ruins??? and did you get down to beautiful Lands End beach, with its spectaular views of the Bay and Golden Gate Bridge? It's quite a hike though down the cliff to Lands End beach ... which is one of our noted "nude" beaches along with Bakers beach that's flatter & easier to reach...

Archived