Pleasant Crossing

wannab0133

Anyone know what is going up behinds Sportsmans Warehouse in Pleasant Crossing? There is a large concrete builsing that has been built and it looks like the size of a neighborhood market. Also, there is some ground breaking next to Arvest in Pleasant Crossing. Anyone know any details? Also, what's the news with sportclips coming in Tuscany Square? It seems they have delayed or decided not to go in because they announced a while back.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone know what is going up behinds Sportsmans Warehouse in Pleasant Crossing? There is a large concrete builsing that has been built and it looks like the size of a neighborhood market. Also, there is some ground breaking next to Arvest in Pleasant Crossing. Anyone know any details? Also, what's the news with sportclips coming in Tuscany Square? It seems they have delayed or decided not to go in because they announced a while back.

The sports clips will be a great clips. Not sure on the others.

• 3 weeks later...
I'm actually for sure it's TJ Maxx. I was driving south on 540 and notice a sign that said TJ Maxx coming soon, right next to the Pleasant Crossing Bill board.

Actually, the building going up behind Sportsmans's is called The Market. It is a high end fashion design business that will feature decorating accessories from several interior designers. I believe TJ Maxx will be in the power center on one side or the other of Sportsman's.

From March 16, 2006 Morning News:

Upscale Flea Market

Ever been to an upscale flea market? Shoppers may see exactly what that means before the holiday shopping rush.

Mike Hopper with Hopper Construction Techniques of Tulsa, Okla. confirmed he is building The Market at Pleasant Crossing, a home decor and interior design store. Hopper said vendors will sell items in booths, in a setup smacking of a "very high end flea market."

Hopper said it will cost $1.6 million to build The Market, with 29,750 square feet. He plans to start construction within 30 days and The Market should be open "before the Thanksgiving and Christmas rush," Hopper said.

The Market is owned by P&H Properties of Tulsa, which formed Rogers Market LLC for The Market project, Hopper said.

Actually, the building going up behind Sportsmans's is called The Market. It is a high end fashion design business that will feature decorating accessories from several interior designers. I believe TJ Maxx will be in the power center on one side or the other of Sportsman's.

Upscale Flea Market

Ever been to an upscale flea market? Shoppers may see exactly what that means before the holiday shopping rush.

Mike Hopper with Hopper Construction Techniques of Tulsa, Okla. confirmed he is building The Market at Pleasant Crossing, a home decor and interior design store. Hopper said vendors will sell items in booths, in a setup smacking of a "very high end flea market."

Hopper said it will cost $1.6 million to build The Market, with 29,750 square feet. He plans to start construction within 30 days and The Market should be open "before the Thanksgiving and Christmas rush," Hopper said.

The Market is owned by P&H Properties of Tulsa, which formed Rogers Market LLC for The Market project, Hopper said.

Cool. It sounds like one of those stores featured in the TLC show Trading Spaces where the designers go shopping for deals on furniture and accessories. It does look like Rogers is becoming the design center of NWA for more reasons than land prices.

Upscale Flea Market

Thanks for confirming that. I was for sure it was Tj Maxx.

Well I just went by and I see that some people are camping out tonight for the grand opening tomorrow. I'm glad to see some more fast food restaurants popping up near Pleasant Crossing. Hopefully there'll be more to come so that I won't have to go into town (nearby Scottsdale Center)

Well I just went by and I see that some people are camping out tonight for the grand opening tomorrow. I'm glad to see some more fast food restaurants popping up near Pleasant Crossing. Hopefully there'll be more to come so that I won't have to go into town (nearby Scottsdale Center)

Camping out for a fast-chicken restaurant... what has this world come to?

Camping out for a fast-chicken restaurant... what has this world come to?

A year's worth of free food for the first 100 people in line. Well, a year's worth meaning one free combo meal a week. So, what's a Chick-fil-A combo worth, $5 or $6? I'm not sure I'd camp out overnight for $300 worth of chicken sandwiches. But hey, if I were a college kid, I might consider it.

A year's worth of free food for the first 100 people in line. Well, a year's worth meaning one free combo meal a week. So, what's a Chick-fil-A combo worth, $5 or $6? I'm not sure I'd camp out overnight for $300 worth of chicken sandwiches. But hey, if I were a college kid, I might consider it.

I wasn't aware of free stuff. I'd camp out for that. :rolleyes:

If you remember, they did this at the first Rogers location when it opened a few years ago. I myself considered going, but with work and all, it couldn't be done. :(

I think I was living in Florida when the Rogers location opened. Not sure because a lot changed in NWA that year I was in Florida.

• 7 months later...

Just thought I would let everyone know that in today's paper, Pleasant Crossing plans were announced as revised and is now a bigger project than it once was. In the plans, it shows:

IMAX Theater

Office Park with multiple buildings

Outlet Mall with Residencies and Condos above the shops

Big Box Retailer Behind Walmart

Nonprofit sports complex

Fast Lane Bowling Entertainment

A restaurant row area with Boardwalk over a small water feature

2 Full Service Hotels, one with an indoor water park

Amphitheater

This is really exciting and there is a reference to The Legends in Kansas City, which is a similar development. I think this type of development will do very well in NWA.

Here is the link to the article:

Arkansas Democrat Gazette Article 121907

Here is the development's website:

Pleasant Crossing

Just thought I would let everyone know that in today's paper, Pleasant Crossing plans were announced as revised and is now a bigger project than it once was. In the plans, it shows:

IMAX Theater

Nonprofit sports complex

Amphitheater

This is really exciting and there is a reference to The Legends in Kansas City, which is a similar development. I think this type of development will do very well in NWA.

Here is the link to the article:

Arkansas Democrat Gazette Article 121907

Here is the development's website:

Pleasant Crossing

Cool, thanks for the update. I had heard about an IMAX a while back somewhere in Rogers. I had wondered if it fell through or what.

Cool, thanks for the update. I had heard about an IMAX a while back somewhere in Rogers. I had wondered if it fell through or what.

The deal with IMAX didn't fall through... it never existed. IMAX had denied any communication ever existed between them and the developers of Pleasant Crossing. I wouldn't be surprised if that is still the case. There was a lot of hype about Pleasant Crossing that turned out to be just that and a fancy 3d plan isn't going to change anything. At least the developer isn't acting so overconfident like some other developersthat turned out to be living in a fantasy world.

I'll start getting excited when I see ground broken, until then it's just another attempt at developers reviving the now dead hype that NWA has gotten used to.

I wish there was a way to turn Masonsdad's pessimism into bio-diesel or something.

Some days I think it would solve the energy crisis.

:rolleyes:

The nice thing about being pessimistic is many times I'm surprised in a good way that I'm wrong, but being an optimist usually gets me just one let-down after another.

• 5 months later...

IMAX Theater

Nonprofit sports complex

Amphitheater

Fast Lane Bowling Entertainment will open on July 1! This will be the premier bowling and family entertainment destination in the region. At least it'll be geared more for the whole family than ChuckE.Cheeses, Lokomotion and Fun City USA. Their website: www.fastlanebowl.com.

1 down, 8 to go! Pleasant Crossing shut down their website and handed leasing over to a realty company so this may be all we see for a while, but it's far better than nothing.

Archived