Medical Hill - Tower 25

sparky05

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Recently, Rich DeVos cited it as Medical Mile, not the cutesy other terms the media has been throwing around. A few other places around America have gone by the "insert moniker" Mile. All the sudden you stick a mile at the end and you're trying to be like Chicago. :rolleyes: I'm way more enthused at the SUBSTANCE behind the name. BTW, Medical Mile gets my vote.

I did a thesaurus search for hill and came up with the following words:

acropolis, acclivity, ascent, bluff, butte, cliff, climb, cradle hill, down, drift, dune, elevation, eminence, esker, fell, foothill, gradient, headland, heap, height, highland, hillock, hilltop, hummock, inclination, incline, knoll, mesa, mound, mount, pile, precipice, prominence, promontory, protuberance, range, ridge, rise, rising ground, sastrugi, shock, slope, stack, summit, talus, tolt, tor, upland

Agreed some words in here would be weird...but maybe something like Health Ridge or Medical Slope would, to me, sound more appealing.

I did a thesaurus search for hill and came up with the following words:

acropolis, acclivity, ascent, bluff, butte, cliff, climb, cradle hill, down, drift, dune, elevation, eminence, esker, fell, foothill, gradient, headland, heap, height, highland, hillock, hilltop, hummock, inclination, incline, knoll, mesa, mound, mount, pile, precipice, prominence, promontory, protuberance, range, ridge, rise, rising ground, sastrugi, shock, slope, stack, summit, talus, tolt, tor, upland

I wouldn't worry about perceptions that GR is trying to copy Chicago.

There are lots of examples of 'Blank...Mile' being used to identify a specific activity along a stretch of land.

In the Detroit area, the marinas, boat dealers, waterfront restaurants and highrise condos along Jefferson Ave in St. Claire Shores is marketed as 'The Nautical Mile'.

I'd suggest the best name for what's happening in GR is Miracle Mile, but that's long been used in Los Angeles, where 'Miracle Mile' along Wilshire Blvd is much like Chicago's Magnificent Mile, a stretch of high-end department stores and retailers who originally located there in the early 1900s.

Archived