Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FilmMaker

Scheme to sell city parking lots

112 posts in this topic

My wife says she saw a news brief today on WOOD TV that quotes GR Commissioner Tormala implying that some sort of "big" announcement may happen on Tuesday wherein "millions of dollars" are going to be attracted by a project involving a currently City owned parcel... it also indicated that this did NOT involve the City Services Island.... I can find no mention if anything like this anywhere on the web, including the Commission's Agenda for Mar 27....

Anyone have any inkling of what he's talking about? Any chance we can get a jump on what the Geha is going to read from the teleprompter at 11pm?

50 Monroe? Monroe Place Lot? or Area 4/5?

One possibility that went through my mind was the small lot north of the Post Office...

I did hear that there will be a proposal for a new development that we haven't heard about yet to go before the Historic Preservation Commission in a few weeks. No idea where (but apparently in a historic district), but I guess it will be in the 10 story range? I don't know if it's related to Tormala's announcement, but thought the timing was coincidental.

Guess we'll have to wait another 45 minutes?

Dang, that branding campaign must be working. They did a great job keeping this a secret.

Unless of course this announcement is all fluff.

One of the few potentially good signs is that the impact is being described in the "millions" versus "billions" - maybe the "smoke" is a little less thick this time around? (I've got my reality detector set to "extra high scrutiny")....

Whatever this project is, what do you think the chances are that Tormala will appose it. :dontknow:

how fast does WOOD post to the website?

I can't find anything on their website, so i am going to bed. i can wait a few more hours.

Is Tormala leaking this to show he can deliver on a "mystery project" and therefore would make a better mayor? I think it's funny that all WOOD can still talk about in regards to GR development is the Riverfront land. Do they have to use the word "Mystery" in every story?

Is Tormala leaking this to show he can deliver on a "mystery project" and therefore would make a better mayor? I think it's funny that all WOOD can still talk about in regards to GR development is the Riverfront land. Do they have to use the word "Mystery" in every story?

They've even got a photo of the River Grand "proposal" on their front page with the head line of "Mystery Development." What a joke.

Your answer is on the front page of the Press today. You can view the PDF of the front page and read the article.

Your answer is on the front page of the Press today. You can view the PDF of the front page and read the article.

About time Ellis got some competition in the world of free-market parking. I'm sure they're talking about it at the Ellis company offices!

...Which means there'll pretty much be no chance (if there was) of Lot 4/5 Development happening. Tormala = ::thumbsdown::

Boy, I've got stop getting excited about "big announcements" - I always get let down.

I feel like everything Tormala has done lately is him trying to look better than the mayor, is he offically running?

Hopefully we can get people running this city that do what's best for our city's development. I don't know how I feel about this proposal...sounds like "quick money" that could tie up parking lots from development for years.

Off topic, but how old is the ramp on Monroe between Plaza Towers and Campau Square? I could really see that coming down for development in the future. (at least that's my hope!)

Boy, I've got stop getting excited about "big announcements" - I always get let down.

I feel like everything Tormala has done lately is him trying to look better than the mayor, is he offically running?

Hopefully we can get people running this city that do what's best for our city's development. I don't know how I feel about this proposal...sounds like "quick money" that could tie up parking lots from development for years.

Off topic, but how old is the ramp on Monroe between Plaza Towers and Campau Square? I could really see that coming down for development in the future. (at least that's my hope!)

I think it'd be tough for the city to get the price they need for these and for a private owner to make money.

Where did this rumor of a 10 story building come from? Whats the point in posting about something your wife hears rumor of? Can we try and keep these hypes legit? This is so stupid. Parking lots might be sold. Wow.

Where did this rumor of a 10 story building come from? Whats the point in posting about something your wife hears rumor of? Can we try and keep these hypes legit? This is so stupid. Parking lots might be sold. Wow.