Scheme to sell city parking lots

FilmMaker

My wife says she saw a news brief today on WOOD TV that quotes GR Commissioner Tormala implying that some sort of "big" announcement may happen on Tuesday wherein "millions of dollars" are going to be attracted by a project involving a currently City owned parcel... it also indicated that this did NOT involve the City Services Island.... I can find no mention if anything like this anywhere on the web, including the Commission's Agenda for Mar 27....

Anyone have any inkling of what he's talking about? Any chance we can get a jump on what the Geha is going to read from the teleprompter at 11pm?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did hear that there will be a proposal for a new development that we haven't heard about yet to go before the Historic Preservation Commission in a few weeks. No idea where (but apparently in a historic district), but I guess it will be in the 10 story range? I don't know if it's related to Tormala's announcement, but thought the timing was coincidental.

Guess we'll have to wait another 45 minutes?

One of the few potentially good signs is that the impact is being described in the "millions" versus "billions" - maybe the "smoke" is a little less thick this time around? (I've got my reality detector set to "extra high scrutiny")....

Is Tormala leaking this to show he can deliver on a "mystery project" and therefore would make a better mayor? I think it's funny that all WOOD can still talk about in regards to GR development is the Riverfront land. Do they have to use the word "Mystery" in every story?

Is Tormala leaking this to show he can deliver on a "mystery project" and therefore would make a better mayor? I think it's funny that all WOOD can still talk about in regards to GR development is the Riverfront land. Do they have to use the word "Mystery" in every story?

Boy, I've got stop getting excited about "big announcements" - I always get let down.

I feel like everything Tormala has done lately is him trying to look better than the mayor, is he offically running?

Hopefully we can get people running this city that do what's best for our city's development. I don't know how I feel about this proposal...sounds like "quick money" that could tie up parking lots from development for years.

Off topic, but how old is the ramp on Monroe between Plaza Towers and Campau Square? I could really see that coming down for development in the future. (at least that's my hope!)

Boy, I've got stop getting excited about "big announcements" - I always get let down.

I feel like everything Tormala has done lately is him trying to look better than the mayor, is he offically running?

Hopefully we can get people running this city that do what's best for our city's development. I don't know how I feel about this proposal...sounds like "quick money" that could tie up parking lots from development for years.

Off topic, but how old is the ramp on Monroe between Plaza Towers and Campau Square? I could really see that coming down for development in the future. (at least that's my hope!)

Archived