Any Idol fans?

Cadeho

I tried looking for a thread on American Idol here and couldn't find one. If there is one, I'm sorry.

I am beginning to think the show's getting tired out, although they've been renewed for what, three more seasons or so? I still like it, but I think last year was the peak. This year I can bet Melinda Doolittle will be the winner. But I could be wrong, it could be Sanjaya.

Why is Sanjaya still there?! I was so sure Sundance would have beaten him... well everyone he's beaten I thought would still be there. Could he be staying in the competition as an Idol backlash or reversal? Let's make the least-talented guy win? His audition was great but he's sure fallen apart since and if he wins, Simon would not he happy since he gets a lot of money from the winner's sales. I did love SNL's impersonation though.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sanjaya is ridiculous, I was watching tv and they said something like every year, they have that 1 bad person that lasts for a few weeks. Either on purpose for ratings/to get peple to vote, or just it happens naturally. I can see them do it to get more voters.

another example atleast to me, is when ruben won over clay, ruben really just disappeared and clay lasted for a little. I haven't really watched it until this year again, but the year fantasia won, I thought she was a pretty bad contestant and still won.

I tried looking for a thread on American Idol here and couldn't find one. If there is one, I'm sorry.

I am beginning to think the show's getting tired out, although they've been renewed for what, three more seasons or so? I still like it, but I think last year was the peak. This year I can bet Melinda Doolittle will be the winner. But I could be wrong, it could be Sanjaya.

Why is Sanjaya still there?! I was so sure Sundance would have beaten him... well everyone he's beaten I thought would still be there. Could he be staying in the competition as an Idol backlash or reversal? Let's make the least-talented guy win? His audition was great but he's sure fallen apart since and if he wins, Simon would not he happy since he gets a lot of money from the winner's sales. I did love SNL's impersonation though.

Melinda's not too old. She probably picks songs that sound old for her, but she can sang!

Who's the fat kid? There are two guys named Chris on the show this year. I like both though.

Ruben did not disappear, he's on his third or fourth CD now and his last one I've heard two singles now playing on the radio and they we so good I didn't think it was Ruben. Clay... I've never really saw what was so good about him. Fantasia's first singles to me were strong and I enjoyed them. I caught Elliot Yamin today and what he sang, I'd buy. But I think Kelly is tops. I know people say Carrie is a major star now, but I don't get it, maybe because I don't follow country like that.

But hey remember that red-headed guy who sang all his songs as if he were Sinatra? I think they kept voting for him although he just got boring since every song was the same. Maybe Fox does fix the show?

I was going to say that about the kid, he was young too, I don't remember clearly, but maybe they keep a young kid around? That kid was really boring too. Chris the last kid that went. I do think melinda sings songs that aren't current or make them sound current.

I'm a fan of the chick with the red stripe in her hair. There's just something about her I like. Also, I've heard a track or two from Chris Daughtry...... I thought it was horrible. It was generic, the music could be one of ten different bands.....

I'm a fan of the chick with the red stripe in her hair. There's just something about her I like. Also, I've heard a track or two from Chris Daughtry...... I thought it was horrible. It was generic, the music could be one of ten different bands.....

I have been a fan of the show for a while, and think this year's contestants are some of the best. These people are singing LIVE every week, more than half of the recording artists out there now can't sing that well live, especially when put on a stage with all that pressure.

There were some great performances this week. Doolittle is always amazing and my favorite. I also like Lakisha and Jordin (her hey baby performance sucked though). The rocker chick, can't remember her name, did great as well, she picked the perfect song, as did Phil Stacey (bald guy). I don't think Sanjaya is as bad as people think, he can sing, but it's just too soft and without much emotion. He is definitely original though. Chris Sligh (curly) was boring and he's gone now. The other contestant are ok, Scarnatto (Lisa Gibbons look alike) will be the next to go I think.

As far as the other seasons go, some were good, others not some much. I think Fantasia is a great singer (a little squeaky at times) but she can belt it out.

I just wish they would produce more pop singers i guess. I understand the best singer, but liek the show says american idol, atleast let the winners be whats popular. And singing the best isn't always important. I feel is Melinda or LaKisha win it is almsot pointless, not to be rude, but look at the winners and who are "successful" to the point of being stars and famous(not record sales, but the whole package media etc..) Carrie and Kelly. Ruben, maybe selling records, but you don't hear much. Fantasia I never heard a word, and the last guy to win, I don't even remember his name, I haven't heard a thing. I just think the show should be pop/current idol and not be persued by the best singer, if they are good they are gonig to get signed anyway.

^ The show doesn't decide who wins, the people watching a voting do. Why do you think Sanjaya is still in the competition? It's definitely not his singing ability, that goes for Blake also, he is innovative and different, but not a powerful singer and is still one of the front runners. I agree with you about the total package, but I think that being a great singer is a huge part of it. That's just my opinion. I don't care what Melinda Doolittle looks like or if she spits everytime she sings, I think she's an amazing performer.

Not all American Idol winners are going to be superstars, but many have become "successful in their own way". Kelly Clarkson is really the only one to break out, but that was a few years after she won and came into her own. Fantasia has had several singles, mostly played in R&B stations, was nominated for a grammy I believe, and will star in the musical "Colored Purple". Not bad at all in my opinion. Carrie Underwood is definitily on top of the country charts and has won several awards, because she found her niche in country music. The guy from last year, can't remember his name either, was a joke, I agree. Jennifer Hudson, while not a winner, is not the total package, but her voice got her to where she is now.

I think the judges do have an influence and for the most part, I agree with them, especially Simon. But the judges are also looking for the total package, Simon will let a contestant know if they look horrible or have no stage presence. But to counter that, shouldn't Sanjaya be a goner by now if it was up to the judges. That website keeps popping up, but I wonder how much pull it has. It would be sad if it was actually making a difference, but so for now there is no telling.

Is this season really that bad? Would Simon really leave the show if Sanjaya wins? I know the past week he said it didn't matter what they said anymore. Does Howard Stern really have that much of an effect on the show? I didn't think that many people subscribed to Sirius or would do whatever he said. I would guess that maybe there are people out there who just feel this year doesn't compare with the others. Maybe we've already tapped our best for the moment.

i just think people like sanjaya because he is the unique kid, they want to see what he is going to do every week. I am sure when it gets down to the final 5 or so he won't have a chance. Also, I think he gets a lot of votes from teenyboppers. The other episode that girl was crying when he wwas singing. I have a feeling you have a lot of young girls like that, and you know they will stay on the phone for two straight hours voting.

^ haha, i thought that was pretty funny myself. I wonder if it will actually work. Simon can be kind of rude and it's expected, but I thought all the judges were extremely disrespectful to Hailey last night. I thought she sang well, but the judges just kind of avoided commenting on her performance. Randy asked Simon what he thought, Paula said green is her color, and Simon said she has great legs, ouch. I think Phil goes home tonight, he should have worn a hat last night, :whistling:

Archived