Any Idol fans?

Cadeho

Jim I think you have a crush on Kelly! :wub:

The show would suffer if Simon were to leave. If Paula or Randy left, there would be no big deal. I think he makes tons of money off the show like the producers and a lot of it is tied to him.

This season hasn't been as interesting to me because, there are two performers who are already on their way to the top, the Sanjaya thing and his hair is ridiculous, and the themes and guest stars are boring.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jim, take away Simon Cowell and American Idol goes away. Period. He makes the show. This is the one instance where a bad singer has made it this far. The bad singers are usually bunched up in the first 4 weeks. Please explain to me how this is the highest rated show on average week in and week out if, using your logic, all the bad singers are gone by week 6 (I'll even give you 2 extra weeks) but they are the reason for the rating? Answer: it isn't bad singers, it's Simon Cowell. I could care less if he knows anything at all about music. I want to see him be brutally honest to people. If he's insulting, fine, if he's happy, fine. But there is the chance he'll be funny and mock Paula Abdul, or mock Ryan Seacrest, or call out someone that had a bad week. The final show is the highest rated American Idol of the year, yet it's the final two, and there are no bad singers. So much for your theory....

HOORAY!!!!! I was shocked that Chris, Phil, and Jordin were the top votes. They had been the bottom for a while and I was sure Sanjaya would have stayed another week too long. But YAY!!!!

Please delete the other two. I was having a problem posting.

HOORAY!!!!! I was shocked that Chris, Phil, and Jordin were the top votes. They had been the bottom for a while and I was sure Sanjaya would have stayed another week too long. But YAY!!!!

I'm sad to see Sanjaya leave. I was hoping he'd make it at least to the Final 3! Looking forward I think it's a race between Melinda and Jordin. I'm not much of a "hometown" voter. Even though Chris Richardson is from the town next to where I grew up, I can't stand him and want to see him out.

Also, Simon does know what he's talking about. He's good at finding people who can sing at least reasonably well and are MARKETABLE to the pop audience/consumers. I never watched until this season, and I haven't heard Simon say a single thing I disagree with. Paula is useless, and Randy's "(GASP) aww dawwg, you know dawwwg it just wasn't doin it for me, dawwwg" nonsense drives me bananas!

I'm sad to see Sanjaya leave. I was hoping he'd make it at least to the Final 3! Looking forward I think it's a race between Melinda and Jordin. I'm not much of a "hometown" voter. Even though Chris Richardson is from the town next to where I grew up, I can't stand him and want to see him out.

Also, Simon does know what he's talking about. He's good at finding people who can sing at least reasonably well and are MARKETABLE to the pop audience/consumers. I never watched until this season, and I haven't heard Simon say a single thing I disagree with. Paula is useless, and Randy's "(GASP) aww dawwg, you know dawwwg it just wasn't doin it for me, dawwwg" nonsense drives me bananas!

I think Simon is always on the money when it comes to critiquing the performances. He knows what he's talking about and makes the show.

Sanjaya seems like a really good kid, but it was time for him to go. LaKisha's performances have been deteriorating and Blake's past few have been boring and forgetable, hence their bottom 3 status.

Melinda is my favorite. So what if she already sounds professional, aren't we looking for the BEST singer here. Jordin is also up there in my book, great voice and so young.

There will always be haters of show, but I believe they are honestly looking for talented people that would have otherwise never been heard, is that such a bad thing? Perhaps these people would rather have someone like Ashley Simpson toping the charts (absolutely no talent).

I think Simon is always on the money when it comes to critiquing the performances. He knows what he's talking about and makes the show.

Sanjaya seems like a really good kid, but it was time for him to go. LaKisha's performances have been deteriorating and Blake's past few have been boring and forgetable, hence their bottom 3 status.

Melinda is my favorite. So what if she already sounds professional, aren't we looking for the BEST singer here. Jordin is also up there in my book, great voice and so young.

There will always be haters of show, but I believe they are honestly looking for talented people that would have otherwise never been heard, is that such a bad thing? Perhaps these people would rather have someone like Ashley Simpson toping the charts (absolutely no talent).

What an amazing benefit show that was, the best I've ever seen. I thought all the performances were great, Kelly Clarkson is the sh@#. The African footage was so extremely sad and moving, I just had to get off my butt and donate. I'm glad American Idol is doing something so great with it's popularity, makes me like the show even more. :good:

I did fall for the Jordin is going home trick. They made the poor girl cry, haha.

I do wish they did a little more to help NO, I think all of Africa is in a mess, especially places like the Ivory Coast and Sierra Leone, but I think we need mroe aid at home first. You are right though, it was a good benefit, and I hope a large amount of money comes out of this to really help all parts of the world.

Doesn't this ruin the credibility of American Idol? They had people vote, so they know the tally of who had the lowest number of votes this week. Is the plan for next week to be the lowest vote getting this week and next week leaves? Whomever had the lowest votes this week should be automatically gone next week no matter what they do....

• 3 weeks later...

Actually I'm surprised Blake's there. I was sure it would have been a showdown between LaKeisha and Melinda but in the past few weeks I can see it between Melinda and Jordin and I'm not sure who'll win now.

Actually I'm surprised Blake's there. I was sure it would have been a showdown between LaKeisha and Melinda but in the past few weeks I can see it between Melinda and Jordin and I'm not sure who'll win now.

I think Jordin is going to win, she is young and "hip" and I think she will get more votes than melinda when it comes down to those two. I have a feeling a lot of blakes voters would go to Jordin over Melinda.

Archived