300 East Main

Spartan

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it were in Charleston it would have street retail. I will give them credit though, the landscaping around the building is very nice, and its very comfortable to walk along Main St in that area. I'm still hoping it will get a road diet some day...

• 6 months later...

I was checking out Johnson Developments website and found it interesting that the second office building has tenants in place to take up about 35% of the space. The site says that new tenants were to move in the first quarter of 09, but I suppose the economy has slowed this down. It sounds like about 3 tenants were to take up around 30,000' of the 82,000'. It would be great to see this space fill up and possibly trigger the next development downtown by Johnson. I just hope he does street level retail/restaurant to get a little life after 5 in the buildings. I would anticipate Johnson doing the Bank of America building next.

• 1 month later...

Bank Meridian will be a tenant in the second office building on the ground level at E. Main St. The site at N. Church and St. John is dead and now listed for sale. I wonder if Johnson Development found out about the new building and made Bank Meridian a good deal to get them to go there instead.

• 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Maybe some more action is getting ready to start on the 300 Block of E. Main St.. The old apartment building behind the newest office building was torn down today. I wonder if its for the third building supposed to go on this site or if its for additional parking since the two office buildings will now be fully occupied. If a new building goes there I'll bet its 4 stories, brick with cast stone overlay just like the other two. The third building will complete this site.

Archived