Best Place to Watch a Sox Game

matt

since we are in the greater providence metro, an area replete with local taverns, bars and pubs, and not in Northern Virginia, i will go out on a limb here and say that it is blasphemy to suggest we watch the sox at a chain store restaurant, or at the mall.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This topic enforces what I really believe.....there is a great opportunity to open a REAL sports bar in Providence. I have been to just about every place listed in this topic. I haven't been to East Ave. Cafe in a few years, so I should check that out again as it is getting some props here. I do go to the Ivy Tavern a lot and Hope Street. Both are decent options, but small. I do find RiRa and Blake's to be two of the best downtown places to go. I'm not crazy about Shula's as it is expensive and the bar area is actually very small. Since I live in the burbs, I have been recently going to Two Jerks http://www.myspace.com/twojerks in East Providence. It's a great local place for me.

Lattitude in Pawtuxet Village is a good place to watch the sox, and the food is excellent.

i'm not a sports bar kind of person--i don't want to watch other people's sports. Or have 15 TVs on all on different channels (unless they are all on different baseball games and then it isn't so bad.)

Archived