Mass Transit Survey

jpl02

Hi all,

Don't normally bother yall with this stuff, but in my DURP class we have to create an online survey and send it out for completion.

I did my survey on "Attitudes of Mass Transit". I would appeciate it if you could fill it out (only 10 questions). You can do so by clicking on this link:

http://www.zoomerang.com/survey.zgi?p=WEB226B37REAQF

I do appreciate your time and effort! :thumbsup:

Jason

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi all,

Don't normally bother yall with this stuff, but in my DURP class we have to create an online survey and send it out for completion.

I did my survey on "Attitudes of Mass Transit". I would appeciate it if you could fill it out (only 10 questions). You can do so by clicking on this link:

http://www.zoomerang.com/survey.zgi?p=WEB226B37REAQF

I do appreciate your time and effort! :thumbsup:

Jason

toolman, are you using 80X?

Personally, I'd ride the bus more, but as it stands right now, my home is literally down the road from the job so I ride my bike. But if certain things work out the way I hope they do, this could change soon.

But how great it would be to have a cleaner hub downtown to wait at for the connecting bus?

And for those new residents of downtown, or those touring downtown for leisure, how cool would it be to have a the trolleys return.

toolman,

Great. Sounds like you've really made a genuine effort to cut back on driving and save some fuel. Have you gotten the feeling since 80x began that more riders like yourself are taking advantage, or does it seem to be the same old folks?

NewStar,

I often talk of how Tallahassee has resources it doesn't use. What is the good reason behind us, as a city, owing 2-4 trolley busses that we don't use anymore downtown? I simply hate knowing that we've got something I want in this community, that is not being utilized.

I would rather see less use of the hub and more point-to-point.

Alternatively, I have long wondered (from a position of absolutely no expertise or research) whether they couldn't use the hub system a bit differently. My idea would be to have straight-line routes out of the main hub to mini-hubs along Cap Circle (W. Tennessee, N. Monroe, Thomasville, Mahan, Apalachee, Southwood, S. Monroe, and S. Adams). Full-size buses would run from the mini-hubs to the main hub, and then smaller vehicles would connect neighborhoods to the mini-hubs (carpooling meets park & ride?) or points along the main lines for neighborhoods within Cap Circle. I would then also like to see buses circling the city from mini-hub to mini-hub so that one could go from the south side of town to Southwood or Governor's Square mall without first having to go downtown. The smaller, feeder buses could focus on the commute stuff at peak hours and then be used for the primary routes during off-peak hours.

As it is now, no bus route is within a mile of many neighborhoods (like mine), and it really takes a long time to get from one place to another unless you are just trying to get somewhere that is on the same route. If the buses just went straight out the spoke streets, it should shave off some of the time, and making an effort to reach into neighborhoods might increase use.

With the majority of users probably living within Cap Circle, the mini-hubs always could be moved closer in than Cap Cir.

After figuring out how far I would have to walk just to get a bus, I bought a scooter and haven't looked at a map of the current routes for quite some time, so maybe the current system serves a lot of neighborhoods better than I realize. If that's the case, then I would still like to see something like park & ride locations with express routes downtown.

Archived