Liberty Street Residential

emo

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think they've only sold a few. I found a real estate site the other day that had over 40 units at varying prices up for sale. (48 total).

I think Spartanburg needs an infusion of a moderately large corporate business downtown. At least 500 employees. The target young professional market is still small in Spartanburg... so lets expand it.

• 1 month later...

It would be nice if we could lure a big insurance company or maybe a big engineering firm to downtown. I wonder if Lockwood Greene would ever consider moving their headquarters downtown? It would not necessarily mean more employess but it would mean more people downtown and I'm sure their clients would enjoy being closer to the firm from the Marriot.

It would be nice if we could lure a big insurance company or maybe a big engineering firm to downtown. I wonder if Lockwood Greene would ever consider moving their headquarters downtown? It would not necessarily mean more employess but it would mean more people downtown and I'm sure their clients would enjoy being closer to the firm from the Marriot.

• 1 month later...

Ok, I stand corrected. There have definitely been SOME units reserved, that just wasn't reflected in the MLS. There is a nice feel-good article in the HJ today about Library Commons. Apparently the units are about a month away from being move-in ready.

Right now I'm much more interested in what the retail tenants will be. Has anyone heard anything?

HJ Article

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

The Library Commons looks good now that its done. This is a great example of a building that was well designed in Spartanburg. We have future retail spots, and residential in the same building. I don't know about sales at this point, but I suspect given the general state of the economy they are not going well.

librarycommons_nov08_2.jpg

librarycomons_nov08.jpg

librarycommons_nov08_3.jpg

librarycommons_nov08_4.jpg

Archived