Liberty Street Residential

emo

The front will have bricks mixed in with the design. ^

Maybe its just me, but I don't see how they can get any businesses in there AND have at least 48 parking spaces with having a deck of some sort (even a sumberged one). The lot that is/was there probably had around 40 (based on counting spaces from the google aerial) and it took up half the lot.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Went by the site today. It is larger than I thought but it will still be interesting to see how it all fits together with parking etc... There is a construction trailer set up and they have fenced off Liberty Street from Broad to the library parking entrance, so it appears to be moving quickly!!!!!

The boundries look like Broad Street, Liberty Street, library parking lot, and the Carlolina Cash parking structure.

Also, my wife threw away the Saturday paper so if anyone else has a copy and can scan the front elevation picture, it would be great.

The article mentioned Zimmerli/Johnson (one of them, I forget which) as mentioning they would be lucky to "break even" on this project.

The article also mentioned there would be an investment of $9-10 million in this site.

Does anyone know much about development/construction costs, etc?

Assuming they can all be sold - I figure with 48 condos at an average of 230 K that is $11 million+ - plus leasing $$$ from the 3 commercial spaces would be a fairly sizable revenue generator - that this would make this project profitable, especially in the long-term?

It depends on how much materials cost. Steel and concrete have variable prices, both of which are rather high at the moment from what I understand. So the only way to make that up is through cost... but they can't over price these units or nobody will buy them.

My issue here is that if Anderson can get some condos to sell downtown when they don't have much of anything else going on, surely Spartanburg can get things moving too. I think this project's site is much better than the previous 3 attempts at downtown condos, and its prices are much more reasonable too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Here's a little tidbit on 155 Broad - the name of the building is being changed to Library Commons and marketing materials should be available in the next month. The sales center, located next to Pink Bee, will open in the next few weeks.

Glad to see work being done! Thanks for the update. I look forward to watching this rise out of the ground with you guys. I think I agree with Spartan that I like 155 Broad better. But I guess a name is the least of worries. It's rising from the ground and that's what counts-- what it's adding to the urban core of Spartanburg!

• 5 weeks later...

Ok, I have some photo updates form this area. These are from about 2 weeks ago, so its most likely a lot further along by now. Hopefully it has the next level up. Anyone else out there with a camera feel free to give us an update!

155broad_0707_1.jpg

155broad_0707_2.jpg

155broad_0707_3.jpg

155broad_0707_4.jpg

155broad_0707_5.jpg

155broad_0707_6.jpg

This is what is happening accross the street, on the 100 block of South Liberty Street (the former Pepsi-Cola building):

Liberty_100block_1.jpg

Liberty_100block_2.jpg

Here is the front of the new retail spaces below the apartments on Liberty Street:

IMG_3035_sm.jpg

Wow, thanks for sharing!

Here are some images from the site- most exciting to me is the view form the front, which the HJ neglected to show us.

ExteriorRenderingFront.jpg

ExteriorRenderingBack.jpg

The ground floor shows space for 2 retail shops of some kind. This is definitely a site worth checking out.

Archived