Liberty Street Residential

emo

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Overall, I usually don't pay a lot of attention to most of the posters on the HJ. More like a glorified Stroller column. Not that we all agree on this site or have any more insight, but most of the people who post here, aren't working all day to try to come up with what they think is a cute quip or comment that is really not relevant to anything.

If they think the prices are that unreasonable or they want more land then by all means don't purchase one, but to try to insinuate that a retired teacher is rich and throwing her money away, or that there is some conspiracy in the reporting is absurd and I just ignore ingnorance.

PS The lead story on WSPA was about a teacher getting a ticket in a school zone. Talk about slow news.....

Hah, I'm not suprised at all about those comments. The people in favor of this type of development are going to take the article for what it is- a sign of hope. People who post on the HJ forums don't care. They're the type that complain about all forms of government and yet will come and enjoy the awesomeness that downtown will have in a few more years because we now have a proactive government.

BTW, I have some much better pictures of the Library Commons' progress from this weekend. Stay tuned. I hope to get them up later on tonight.

• 3 weeks later...

We're nearing the most frsturating part... where they finish the outside and start on the inside and it looks like they're not doing anything for a few months!

This one has really gone up fast. I'm glad to finally see something get done in Spartanburg, rather than talk about why it should be done.

• 1 month later...

I hear they're starting on drywall. Here are some October photos - these are from the common terrace:

courtyardview2.jpg

courtyardview.jpg

The terrace veiw from unit 416. The little roofed structure is a pavilion where they will have a 52" plasma for a little outdoor entertainment area:

courtyardviewsfrom416.jpg

The building across the street (mid-ground center in the 3rd picture) had a really cool "PEPSI" logo on it that I had hoped would be restored. It appears now that it won't be. Its too bad because it was really cool/vintage. It would have added a lot to downtown to have kept it on that otherwise un-noteworthy building.

Yeah you saw it. Its a real bummer too. Here is why its an advantage to take an insane number of pictures of everything... check out the rather depressing transition. I really with I had a picture of this building with the cedar-shingles still on it... the Pepsi sign had been under it for years.

_pepsi_1.jpg

_pepsi_2.jpg

_pepsi_3.jpg

The building across the street (mid-ground center in the 3rd picture) had a really cool "PEPSI" logo on it that I had hoped would be restored. It appears now that it won't be. Its too bad because it was really cool/vintage. It would have added a lot to downtown to have kept it on that otherwise un-noteworthy building.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived