• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Church construction has come along quite a bit. The only brickwork remaining to be done is the front center. And I'm sure the roof will be one of the last things done. All the windows have been installed. There are two Bible verses engraved above two alcoves, which will eventually house statues.

post-24605-0-91781800-1368408210_thumb.j post-24605-0-05213800-1368408212_thumb.j post-24605-0-16592800-1368408214_thumb.j

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Earlier this week, the roof was finally being shingled.

post-24605-0-07606800-1376009137_thumb.j

The sidewalk on Main and Alabama was torn up and then replaced a week or two ago.  I was a bit disappointed that they replaced it exactly as it was before.  The sidewalk is wide on Main, but with no places for trees (they may put some between the sidewalk and building).  Alabama's sidewalk is pretty narrow and right on the street; I wish they would've widened it and separated it from the street with a planting strip (there's plenty of room).  Oh well, status quo.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

The new St. Paul Catholic Church building was dedicated a couple days ago.  There are quite a few photos on GoUpstate.com, mostly of the interior.  On the one exterior shot, it looks like they haven't yet put up the statues of Peter and Paul on either side of the entrance.  On the whole, the building looks quite nice.  And it's capacity is apparently much needed.

• 2 months later...

Despite the church being in use for a few months, it is just now getting the final touches put on it.  Here is a photo from when it opened in December and one from this weekend:

post-24605-0-18221100-1392610064_thumb.j post-24605-0-80077900-1392610065_thumb.j

As you can see, a large cornice was added to the top.  The statues of Peter and Paul were also added, as well as a Celtic cross at the top and a monument sign out front.  I think it looks much more "complete" now, particularly due to the cornice.

Archived