Time for a Los Angeles forum?

davidzLA

Looking at the California posts it seems there is a case for a Los Angeles forum.

- Forums exist for San Diego and San Francisco, Los Angeles is a peer.

- Post counts are similar. As of now San Diego has 23 topics, San Francisco has 32. Los Angeles accounts for about 24 topics in the California forum.

- So rarely is L.A. in isolation from its region, so a subforum might serve as a "Southland" or Greater L.A. or Southern California base as well.

Premature, pointless, dangerous?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with the LA forum idea, only problem: what would become of the general "California" forum? It seems like all the users would be siphoned off. What would be left... Central Valley, Sacramento, and some mountains, trees and deserts.

• 3 weeks later...

We could make a case for an LA forum, but my issue is that CA is a dead forum virtually. Would LA garner anymore traffic than San Fran or San Diego, which up until recently have been laughable. What we'd need for this to work is a dedicated one or two forumers to really try and drive traffic. Someone who doesn't get discouraged. It'd be alot of posting to yourself, it takes a while to build these things up.

We could make a case for an LA forum, but my issue is that CA is a dead forum virtually. Would LA garner anymore traffic than San Fran or San Diego, which up until recently have been laughable. What we'd need for this to work is a dedicated one or two forumers to really try and drive traffic. Someone who doesn't get discouraged. It'd be alot of posting to yourself, it takes a while to build these things up.

Archived