Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Afro Saxon

Bliss Market

43 posts in this topic

It seems that a store, Bliss Market, based in Wethersfield witll be taking up residence in the Civic Center. Is this a good thing? What kind of store is Bliss Market?

It seems that a store, Bliss Market, based in Wethersfield witll be taking up residence in the Civic Center. Is this a good thing? What kind of store is Bliss Market?

This is been already been talked about on here. Do a seach or look back 2-3 pages.

Bliss market will be a nice addition to downtown retail...

They changed the signs from opening in March 2007 to opening in Summer 2007. And there has not been much work done inside.

the fact they have not lured any other tennents as of now is also very dissapointing. in another 12 months it could start looking like another flop for the city of hartford.

I kind of agree with him. There's not really any 'buzz' at all about H21 and its retail - that and the Pratt St area should be the focal point right now (UNTIL FRIKKIN FRONT ST IS BUILT!)

Northland also own a good chunk of Pratt Street. So far they have forced No Fish and Becker's out. I can see they want a better restaurant than No Fish, but for the life of me I don't understand why they let Becker's leave. It's not like there is another jewelry shop on Pratt, or anywhere in the city for that matter.

Northland also own a good chunk of Pratt Street. So far they have forced No Fish and Becker's out. I can see they want a better restaurant than No Fish, but for the life of me I don't understand why they let Becker's leave. It's not like there is another jewelry shop on Pratt, or anywhere in the city for that matter.

the fact they have not lured any other tennents as of now is also very dissapointing. in another 12 months it could start looking like another flop for the city of hartford.

Didn't they bail on their own cuz they got robbed several times?

Didn't they bail on their own cuz they got robbed several times?

Lux Bond is still on Pratt, right?--but now they share space with Stackpole Moore and Tryon, or am I wrong?

I think Pratt Street will perk up after the Sushi place opens at the corner with Main. I heard it will have a rooftop deck. Joe Black's is planning on outdoor seating.

They need to do something with the "No Fish" location. It is a great building. Also, the former Cugino's and Lux Bond should be filled.

Vaughan's is great, so is the Russell. Joe Black's is a beautiful place, but they are getting a reputation of having awful food and awful service. Sweet Jane's is a nice addition and has pretty good food.

JoJo's is a jewel and is open 7 days a week. Their breakfast sandwiches are terrific.

I've said this before, the Pratt folks should get together and jazz up the gateway on Trumbull. Maybe some neon. Also the people who own the parking lot at Main and Pratt should dress it up a bit.

This street should be jampacked with people every day, but empty storefronts tell people nothing is happening.

I hate to steal from another place, but maybe some places from Franklin AVenue should relocate to Pratt. There's word the Blue Back people are going after some south end businesses.

JoJo's is a jewel and is open 7 days a week. Their breakfast sandwiches are terrific.

Jcrc will love you for that....

I just see it as a bit of chicken and egg. As H21 fills up, the businesses will come. There is no rush for anyone right now. Downtown won't happen overnight.

yea, but also a bit of a realist. While 12 months without adding street level retail isn't fully a flop, no tenants for 2 years would be. If retail space in hartford was that in demand, don't you think we would have seen businesses flooding into H21? Instead we got the announcement of Bliss 6 months ago and it MIGHT open 6 months from now. bush league.

Met Life won't be out of City Place for a long time. it's not inconceivable that the building will replace much of the lost square footage by the time MetLife deploys o the suburbs.

Met Life won't be out of City Place for a long time. it's not inconceivable that the building will replace much of the lost square footage by the time MetLife deploys o the suburbs.

I think Pratt Street will perk up after the Sushi place opens at the corner with Main. I heard it will have a rooftop deck. Joe Black's is planning on outdoor seating.

They need to do something with the "No Fish" location. It is a great building. Also, the former Cugino's and Lux Bond should be filled.

Vaughan's is great, so is the Russell. Joe Black's is a beautiful place, but they are getting a reputation of having awful food and awful service. Sweet Jane's is a nice addition and has pretty good food.

I've said this before, the Pratt folks should get together and jazz up the gateway on Trumbull. Maybe some neon. Also the people who own the parking lot at Main and Pratt should dress it up a bit.

This street should be jampacked with people every day, but empty storefronts tell people nothing is happening.

I hate to steal from another place, but maybe some places from Franklin AVenue should relocate to Pratt. There's word the Blue Back people are going after some south end businesses.