Bliss Market

Afro Saxon

Thanks guys. While we are not super busy, we have enough business to justify our 7 days a week schedule.

On the note of Pratt Street merchants get together to do something. I think the gateway is own by one of the insurance companies, and I read somewhere that they are not to receptive to dressing the gateway up. Somewhat related, three Summers ago Pratt Street was closed to car traffic from 11 - 2 and restaurants put tables and chairs out so that whole street was like one large out door cafe. And there was a lot of foot traffic and most food merchants did pretty well. We signed our lease after seeing the foot traffic on Pratt Street during that time. To our amazement few idiots on Pratt Street objected to all the foot traffic and beotched loud enough the organizer stopped it after one Summer. I kept on thinking that I want to do this again, but am just too busy to take the time to find out how to do it.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If Met moves out of CityPlace, who is going to come in and pick up the lease on floors 3-12 and 16-20? That is ALOT of vacant space, in need of remodeling, in a very business unfriendly environment. Met leaving is going to hurt CityPlace I deeply, potentialy beyond repair.

If Met moves out of CityPlace, who is going to come in and pick up the lease on floors 3-12 and 16-20? That is ALOT of vacant space, in need of remodeling, in a very business unfriendly environment. Met leaving is going to hurt CityPlace I deeply, potentialy beyond repair.

And days after the entire MetLife controversy came into the spotlight again Soverign Bank announced they will be moving their regional headquarters back to downtown Hartford and a major Bloomfield law firm will be moving its headquarters and 120 employees downtown. A few months ago GlobeOp announced they will be opening up a Hartford office with 150 employees. All of this without the help of anyone...just the fact that these specific companies wanted to be in the city.

But at least they stayed in the region, we could have lost them entirely. With all this office space opening up I would love to see new tenants from out of state filling in the empty spaces growing the region as a whole.

Archived