PROPOSED: Lawton Family Realty Warehouse Condos

Hopefully the parking situation and regulations will change in time. I doubt the cars parked at the church will have their spaces deeded to them, so the spaces at the gas station may not be deeded either. Hopefully at some point in the future, the US Gas space can support a building with structured parking to meet the needs of area units.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Difficult, but not impossible. Unit owners could be deeded a guaranteed spot on the lot. If the site is redeveloped, a building could be built on the front and the deeded spots could be relocated to the rear.

The developer testified that the Harrison/Westminster units are too big and cost too much per sq ft. The SWAP units are smaller, cheaper and have a long waiting list. This is why they said needed 20 units (5 per floor) instead of 16 units (4 per floor) - smaller and cheaper.

No teardown. The teardown was unacceptable to most people and very few spaces could have been put on a 4,000 sq ft lot anyway. It wasn't a reasonable trade-off.

I couldn't figure out how to quote individual paragraphs and respond to each. I hope this appears in a readable way.

Thanks all for giving me a much better grasp of the project and all the issues involved. I'm still deeply dissapointed by the parking at US Gas, but I can see where it seemed like an acceptable compromise.

Pie In The Sky, I would like to have seen the lot for the church purchased/leased and some sort of structured parking used to get all the cars right there. It would have made the condo's a lot more attractive to buyers. and hidden parking from Westminster. I think if needed that small section of Powhattan street could have been abandoned to give enough room. I know some other folks get very concerned about street abandonments, but I think a tiny alley like this could serve the neighborhood better as parking than as a through way.

The developer testified that the Harrison/Westminster units are too big and cost too much per sq ft. The SWAP units are smaller, cheaper and have a long waiting list. This is why they said needed 20 units (5 per floor) instead of 16 units (4 per floor) - smaller and cheaper.

Thanks all for giving me a much better grasp of the project and all the issues involved. I'm still deeply dissapointed by the parking at US Gas, but I can see where it seemed like an acceptable compromise.

Pie In The Sky, I would like to have seen the lot for the church purchased/leased and some sort of structured parking used to get all the cars right there. It would have made the condo's a lot more attractive to buyers. and hidden parking from Westminster. I think if needed that small section of Powhattan street could have been abandoned to give enough room. I know some other folks get very concerned about street abandonments, but I think a tiny alley like this could serve the neighborhood better as parking than as a through way.

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

Archived