Park Central Square

Well, Well! (slyder1, u'll gonna freak out)

They are going to put all new Library at Park Central Square soon as in 2008!

Their plans will include plasma televisions, wireless Internet, digital radio and a small performance stage! Possible Coffee Store and food courts.

They want to locate on the former Kresge building, but not yet signed on lease.

Their designs will be a reflection of Springfield and the Square, music theme also they said Springfield has a strong music history! Also will have most greatly enhance the upcaledness!

And this one most I'm so EXCITING! OPEN UNTIL MIDNIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

I heard they will select a plan this spring!

Interesting isn't? HCW Evergreen Hotel, Heer's, College Station, Main Street, 66 Route, Jordan Park Valley, New Lofts, McDaniel Building, Woodruff Building, and many more! Of course, (low voice) hammon's hotel too. For whole this Year!!!!! I hope they will bring up more surprises!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, Well! (slyder1, u'll gonna freak out)

They are going to put all new Library at Park Central Square soon as in 2008!

Their plans will include plasma televisions, wireless Internet, digital radio and a small performance stage! Possible Coffee Store and food courts.

They want to locate on the former Kresge building, but not yet signed on lease.

Their designs will be a reflection of Springfield and the Square, music theme also they said Springfield has a strong music history! Also will have most greatly enhance the upcaledness!

And this one most I'm so EXCITING! OPEN UNTIL MIDNIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

I heard they will select a plan this spring!

Interesting isn't? HCW Evergreen Hotel, Heer's, College Station, Main Street, 66 Route, Jordan Park Valley, New Lofts, McDaniel Building, Woodruff Building, and many more! Of course, (low voice) hammon's hotel too. For whole this Year!!!!! I hope they will bring up more surprises!

I'm really glad that they are putting a library there but it will only be 3,700 sqf. not very big. I wish they would build a huge multi story library downtown that would serve as the Main branch for Springfield. If they don't think that a huge library would be supported downtown they are simply wrong. With 4 big universities within a mile radius of downtown, there would be more than enough support. While the Library Center is very, very, nice, it's on the south side of town which makes it hard for a lot of people to get there. If they could do something around 20,000 sqf. it would be perfect.

• 3 months later...

slyder1, can you change this title forum to "Park Central Square"? Thanks!

I would like to make this forum about everything at Park Central Square and buildings surrounded around it but Heer's.

Butler, Rosenbury and Partners Inc. will design enhancements park, to complement new business with more areas for sidewalk cafes, additional lighting and new sidewalks!

Heer

slyder1, can you change this title forum to "Park Central Square"? Thanks!

I would like to make this forum about everything at Park Central Square and buildings surrounded around it but Heer's.

Butler, Rosenbury and Partners Inc. will design enhancements park, to complement new business with more areas for sidewalk cafes, additional lighting and new sidewalks!

MAN! I can't wait for this, Springfield Downtown is serious booming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And downtown is back from 1950's!

Folks, Park Central Square is alive. :alc:

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Folks,

I don't know if you read News-Leader or on their website, almost everybody talking about redesign the new square (or possible a runaround). If you are interested to share your idea about central park, go to their website to give comments... they will give to Springfield Officials and Butler, Rosenbury and Partners Inc.

First thing I want you to know what I would want this NO MORE "sqaure".

1. Take out damn ugly tents

2. Take out that dangerous concrete walls found on ground, almost fell two times.

3. Clean up Trees, or put new trees.

4. No more sqaure road, put runaround will give more smooth.

5. Redesign the classic fountain, make it fanstatic fountains than in Branson Landing.

6. Make this park friendly for childrens

7. Make it more familiar feeling with Ozarks and Downtown's style

8. Music

9. Brick road

10. Giant Christmas Tree

11. Free Ice Rink

12. Free Movies

13. Free Concerts

14. Make many many seat benchs or whatever because we're are going to have coffee stores, library, moviegoers and theatres waitings, and so many.

15. Market Booths

16. 10 Mph Speed(for god's sake people's safety)

17. 2 lanes, left is for drive lane and right is for parking lane

18. TV booths, for Springfield's Local Channels

19. Trolley(would love this one if they doing to do with it unless they found companies willing to do with it)

20. And the last, make this park is the first thing in Springfield's Life.

I think car traffic should be completly closed since there is no parking on the square anyways and you could have a nice open space.

Here is an example from the city center in my former hometown of Darmstadt, Germany. A city smaller than springfield.

29_Darmstadt.jpg

Hey, not bad idea for that... but what we would make a statue for? (please not Hammons!!!!!!! LOL)

I have gave a thought about remove all road from Square... but what about handicapping?

But I would love if they remove the road... bit unsafe for peeps to walk around square.

Kewl! You're from Germany! What it brings you to came in Missouri?

HEY! Glass roof???? That's fanstatic idea!!!

VOTE VOTE VOTE Here:

Clicky

Glass roof will give absolute impressive to Springfield Downtown!!!!! I can see it, can you? Think it about, Art exhibits under the glass roof... mmmm... live performances.... mmmm. Hope it will come. :w00t:

I agree about the fountain but I think it should be accessable. I would turn the square into a roundabout, which would open up more sidewalk space, put a huge fountain in the middle and a small fountain show like Branson landing, have stone around the fountain with concrete benches, have greenspace around the perimeter with various regional artists work. I wanted to scream when I heard some of the ideas in the paper! An ampitheater? What the hell were they thinking? People I think were missing the point, it is called PARK Central Square, not Parking Central Square!

I know right... I just can't believe how lazy people are! "We need more upfront parking." Here is an idea, park in a garage or parking lot and walk where you want to go, trust me it wont hurt you! Its just so crazy how lazy and demanding everyone is now-a-days. There shouldn't be any parking on the square so we can utilize the space, which isnt very big, the best we can. I wish that the city would have never asked for ideas and left it to the pro's. Give us things to choose from, don't let some moron who wants to put a go kart track in the middle!

Sorry for my tone but I sometimes I just can't hold back

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Archived