Park Central Square

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

gotta say I'm a little underwhelmed... I really hate those 'media towers' they have in the proposal, we want an open space not something with a conopy. The first design I think would look best. I just can't believe that they couldn't have come up with something a little better. The city is once again surprisingly stupid because they only let one firm design the park instead of having firms submit propsals and choose the best. Hagerman should have done this!

gotta say I'm a little underwhelmed... I really hate those 'media towers' they have in the proposal, we want an open space not something with a conopy. The first design I think would look best. I just can't believe that they couldn't have come up with something a little better. The city is once again surprisingly stupid because they only let one firm design the park instead of having firms submit propsals and choose the best. Hagerman should have done this!

• 2 months later...

Bad news for the Square and Heer's Building:

www.news-leader.com

The square is in Jeopardy of becoming a historic site and the Group in charge of the National Register of Historic Places is saying that the Halprin design could be eligible to be on the list. If so the current re-design would not be allowed unless there was no other way to design the park for current needs. If this process puts the square construction starting date past August, then Mr. McGowan can sell the Heer's back to the city.

It looks like this project will never get done. I'm starting to lose hope on every worth while project going on in this city. Just wait till we see how pathetic Hammons hotel will be on the arena site!

• 1 month later...

Now parts of the square are up for consideration of being a national historic registry thing...

BS is what I say.

Butler Rosenbury didn't do a very good job with this, you'd think somewhere along the line they would have stopped and thought about this all before they designed everything.

Archived