Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gregrc75

New Bedford Photos

10 posts in this topic

Here are a few New Bedford Photos I have taken over the last year or 2.

websterbank.jpg

skyline.jpg

regencytwr.jpg

olympiatwr.jpg

ewb2.jpg

nb13.jpg

nb12.jpg

nb11.jpg

nb10.jpg

nb9.jpg

nb8.jpg

nb7.jpg

nb6.jpg

nb5.jpg

nb4.jpg

nb3.jpg

nb2.jpg

nb1.jpg

Yay, finally some pics of New Beige! That city has much more potential than Fall River IMO. It's streetsacpes are already much nicer and its downtown has nice short, square blocks, much like Portland, OR. Can't wait til the JFK is torn apart!

I never really understood why Boston was the only "real city" in Massachusetts. New Bedford/Fall River and Springfield always struck me as having so much potential to become second cities (ie Pittsburgh::Philadelphia, Buffalo::NYC, Mobile::Birminham). I wonder why it happened that Boston ended up as the only "real city".

New Bedford and Nantucket were among the largest cities in the state and the wealthiest in the country during the whaling period. Whaling ended and Nantucket became a theme park and New Bedford became a backwater. New Bedford still has the most productive fishing fleet in the country, but that doesn't translate into wealth or power today.

Nice photos. New Bedford could return as Lowell has, they have many similarities.

Thanks for sharing your pictures of New Bedford. I wish I'd had the chance to visit when I was living in Boston. The downtown looks quite nice. I'll have to go up there some time.

This looks like a lovely city. I love the old world feel to it (at least from the pictures above).

I took a few photos of New Bedford from Fairhaven (across the harbor). It was a sunny mid morning.

New_Bedford_Sep_07_004.jpg

New_Bedford_Sep_07_003.jpg

New_Bedford_Sep_07_002.jpg

New_Bedford_Sep_07_001.jpg

I never really understood why Boston was the only "real city" in Massachusetts. New Bedford/Fall River and Springfield always struck me as having so much potential to become second cities (ie Pittsburgh::Philadelphia, Buffalo::NYC, Mobile::Birminham). I wonder why it happened that Boston ended up as the only "real city".