Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Delta_USAir

Signature Skyscraper

16 posts in this topic

With all this talk of Donald Trump and all, What would you want Charlottes New signature Tower to look like, or resemble?{If we ever get a new super tall}

f7c3d53d-4d5c-4695-a01d-7bbf96cb3ace-Full.jpg

I would want a signature tower that looked like the Sears Tower , or Vue Charlotte.

post-11472-1175226021_thumb.jpg

I say we use something like this...but we make it much, much taller. And, we use lots of brown shrubs around the base for landscaping (I may be the only one who watches "How I Met Your Mother").

^Looks kinda like Winston-Salem's Wachovia tower.

My first thought was for something sleek like One Bryant Park in NYC, or Comcast in Philly.

I say we use something like this...but we make it much, much taller. And, we use lots of brown shrubs around the base for landscaping (I may be the only one who watches "How I Met Your Mother").

I wouldn't mind if it looked something like the Carnegie Hall Tower in NY:

post-5278-1175280828_thumb.jpg

Or the 55 East Erie in Chicago.

post-5278-1175280856_thumb.jpg

post-5278-1175280828_thumb.jpg

post-5278-1175280856_thumb.jpg

That is the Wachovia tower in Winston. Of course, everyone I know who lives in Winston refers to it unaffectionately as "the Penis Building" (Ala How I Met Your Mother).

I think sig towers should have either a classic look (BoA) or something really radical and innovative. Considering Charlotte is only starting to be a player in architecture, I doubt we'll get the latter. So I'd like to see a symmetrical, spire-topped, traditional-looking tower that has a NY-ish feel.

my test for a "signature" tower is one that, when the skyline is shown as a silhouette, would be obvious that it is Charlotte's. Right now I think we have a bunch of those already though... hmmm

Neither am I. I think the old 4FU tower looks like a huge slug.

I'd like something really futuristic like from the Will Smith movie "I, Robot" that came out a couple years ago. The Chicago tower of US Robotics in that movie is amazing.