100 West Livingston

bic

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually, I like the look of Phase I's transparent skin... that's nice. It just needs a little more... je nais se quois. I know not every project can be a Dynetech or TT architecturally speaking, but what we lack in height we can make up for in architectural uniqueness.

And why Downtown's first skate park would find a home in this odd location only to be destroyed in a couple of years. Not that it's expensive to build in the first place but why give kids something like this and take it away so soon without having plans for a replacement?

FYI: I took a look at the availability rates for downtown Orlando Office which is below 10%. Excluding the Suntrust roll out, there appear to be shortages of large blocks of class A office space, which would necessitate the construction of a complex like The Place.

We are a little over 10% and steadily increasing. It is difficult for a new project with Dynetech, as well as Highwoods. Especially since Cap Plaza III is furthur along. The Suntrust space as well as the Plaza hit our vacancy rates.

• 2 weeks later...

The Orlando Business Journal is reporting that the developers of this project are close to signing a deal with Starwood Hotels and Resorts for one of their hotel brands to take up residence in the second phase tower. Starwood Hotels and Resorts brands include:

-Sheraton

-Westin

-W Hotel

-St. Regis

-The Luxury Collection

-Le Meridien

-Four Points by Sheraton

-Starwood Vacation Ownership

The Orlando Business Journal is reporting that the developers of this project are close to signing a deal with Starwood Hotels and Resorts for one of their hotel brands to take up residence in the second phase tower. Starwood Hotels and Resorts brands include:

-Sheraton

-Westin

-W Hotel

-St. Regis

-The Luxury Collection

-Le Meridien

-Four Points by Sheraton

-Starwood Vacation Ownership

Its actually quite refreshing to hear a somewhat honest projection. 2009 actually sounds like its got some legs, and that is how succesful projects are born. However I do hope that they seek and find some assistance in regards to the development, as it stands this project would represent nearly 50% of their overall portfolio. That would worry me. As would a hotel in that location, given its current surroundings it just doesn't scream "here is a hotel that starts at $200 a night).

Its actually quite refreshing to hear a somewhat honest projection. 2009 actually sounds like its got some legs, and that is how succesful projects are born. However I do hope that they seek and find some assistance in regards to the development, as it stands this project would represent nearly 50% of their overall portfolio. That would worry me. As would a hotel in that location, given its current surroundings it just doesn't scream "here is a hotel that starts at $200 a night).

Archived