Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Allan

Next Campus Martius Development?

What does everyone think will be the next Campus Martius block to be developed? And how long do you think it will take before we see new buildings rising there?

There is a parking lot on the SE (across from Compuware) that really needs to go. If memory serves me right, that is the only undeveloped piece of land around the Campus park. According to the article that Alan posted, the public television station is thinking of building a nice 3 story building down there which would fit in really nice. It sounds like the city has the lot already picked out but I'm not sure where it is. I do really hope it is the parking lot and they building down there.

Otherwise, I hope they tear down the bank one building! IMO it is the worst building in all of downtown and bet Albert Kahn died a second death when his name was associated with it.

I haven't been down there in 2 months, how is the park coming along and when is it supposed to be done?

The park is supposed to be done this summer...I would guess sometime in June. It seems to be progressing nicely.

As far as the TV station building on the Monroe Block, that would be great, but I'm envisioning a midrise, not a lowrise for the site. Maybe the station could team up with another company to build a larger building. The station could have the three bottom floors, and the other company could have the rest of the building. Class A office space has a low vacancy rate downtown, so hopefully this would be a possibility.

And Bank One....wow....they tore a couple nice buildings down to expand it too :angry:.