SF Pictures of the Day II

Charles Pearson

• 2 weeks later...

RestedTraveler...I checked out all of your pics at your photo website of SF and the rest of the Bay Area, and I loved everyone of them. Fantastic shot of Golden Gate Bridge, my favorite bridge in the world. Also, I love the skyline shot. SF looks more and more like Manhattan...and with taller buildings (at least 1200 Ft. tall, which is higher than Twin Peaks 922 Ft.) in the works, we'll soon become as high as Manhattan...Outstanding work!!! deserving of an UPI Oscar Award (if there was such a thing, you'd definitely win a majority)... :) I wish you lived here...

Edited by Zahc

Thanks, Zahc! I didn't get to nearly the places I had planned to go while I was there. I really wanted to walk around the Embarcadero and the Financial District on foot with the camera more, but alas, I had only so much time. I could never afford to live there, but if it were more affordable, it sure would be nice. Of course, I'd have to convince the wife and kids, too. LOL!

Here is that skyline shot from Treasure Island:

1399369495_8a6a4f2f57_b.jpg

...i'm sure the wife and kids would never object to living in SF or the Bay Area. it's gotta be one the best places to grow up...unlike the sheltered and closed life I had growing up in conservative Florence country, South Carolina & couldn't wait to turn 18 and escape...there are "good deals" that can still be found even in so-called expensive San Francisco...........SF is expensive, but is probably one of easiest and friendliest cities to live in the world.

Your Fotos: i esp. liked all the ones of Muir Woods (I see beautiful Kim Novak in that white coat and black scarf...in Vertigo...there)and the one of Poplar Beach (or San Gregorio beach)...Redwood Shores (Oracle) certainly looks impressive...kind like the condo highrises around Lake Merriot (sp?) in Oakland. I may even like it better than the Genentech Campus down in South City on San Francisco bay...but that sprawling, low-rise campus is pretty hard to beat...

I was offered a job there w/ a scientist & a marketing director of "something-I-don't-recall, but I turned it down 'cause I didn't like the commute; though, it was reverse commute....from where I lived, it took too long...after arriving at South City BART STATION (about 30 minutes), then I boarded a Genentech shuttle to take "us" to the campus, another 20 to 30 minutes ride...

Edited by Zahc