Restaurant suggestion request

midude

My mother-in-law is coming to town. She's hip, she's cool, likes just about any type of food, but is very picky.

Where should my wife and I take her? We'd like to stay away from the chains on 28th and at Rivertown, and I'd like to try somewhere besides the usual suspects downtown.

Suggestions?

Thanks!

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My mother-in-law is coming to town. She's hip, she's cool, likes just about any type of food, but is very picky.

Where should my wife and I take her? We'd like to stay away from the chains on 28th and at Rivertown, and I'd like to try somewhere besides the usual suspects downtown.

Suggestions?

Thanks!

I've taken the *future* in-laws to Bombay, but they are the burger type, so it wasn't as good of an experience as I had hoped. However, mmmm Bombay! XO for some Thai is always good too, or Bistro Bella Vita if she's too hip for that. Heck, there's always BLOOM (see Restaurant Rumors thread - last page).

I've taken the *future* in-laws to Bombay, but they are the burger type, so it wasn't as good of an experience as I had hoped. However, mmmm Bombay! XO for some Thai is always good too, or Bistro Bella Vita if she's too hip for that. Heck, there's always BLOOM (see Restaurant Rumors thread - last page).

Suggestions?

Thanks!

Really depends on if "hip" means she wants hip atmosphere - or hip cuisine...

Hip and/or nice atmosphere? a few come to mind: Bar Divani, Bella Vita, Blue Water Grill, Reds On The River, Sierra Room before it closes, etc. Unfortunately, we've had less than great service at every one of these - and the food quality is not as consistent as it should be.

Hip food? A few that come to mind without pulling out my city guide: San Chez, Tre Cugini, Sierra Room, Zentin (I think that's the name in Ada), etc. It really depends on how formal versus casual you want.

The wife's and my cuisine favorite in town (and awards verify this): Best meal in town is at Noto's in Cascade. Arguably not as "hip" as downtown, but arguably the best chef in town. Downside: dinner for two with appetizer, decent wine and dessert is an easy 150-200 bucks if you eat like we do.

Archived