chattanoogaTower ,I don't think so.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are naysayers in every city. Many that say a tower won't be built here don't realize that there are people in this world who will do the "impossible' despite what others say. These people are visionary and they are risk takers. I consider Tony Giarratana a member of this group. Most people would say that it would be impossible to build a 1,057 Ft Hotel / residential Tower in a city like Nashville, but Tony doesn't listen to all the naysayers. He just makes it happen. If the right person decides to build a residential tower in Chattanooga, it will happen.....mark my words.

• 2 months later...

I think it was a joke as there was no topic to be offended at. Knowing Kheldane, I am sure that was the case.

Hank, I agree with you on the naysayers. You know what we are dealing with here in Nashville. I hope Chattanooga does get a new tallest, just as long as they don

I think it was a joke as there was no topic to be offended at. Knowing Kheldane, I am sure that was the case.

Hank, I agree with you on the naysayers. You know what we are dealing with here in Nashville. I hope Chattanooga does get a new tallest, just as long as they don

• 2 weeks later...

A walk in Chattanooga is like a walk through history. The buildings are fantastic. The view of the city from up on that hill when you are approaching from Atlanta is like looking at Hollywood at night. The view from Lookout Mt. is equally as impressive.

Thanks for you kind words. I love our downtown. To me it is something special, that few cities it's size have. It is something I want to preserve, and yet see get better in the future. The good news is that it seems we are indeed on that track.

Since this topic popped back up I just wanted to throw a number out there, in regards to a Chattanooga residential high rise tower.

There are currently 173 condos/townhomes for sale in the Downtown area only (Aquarium district, central city, southside, mlk). This doesn't include the Northshore area or the projects that developer's are selling theirselves.

Since this topic popped back up I just wanted to throw a number out there, in regards to a Chattanooga residential high rise tower.

There are currently 173 condos/townhomes for sale in the Downtown area only (Aquarium district, central city, southside, mlk). This doesn't include the Northshore area or the projects that developer's are selling theirselves.

Not sure about the total housing market in DT Chattanooga, but I've heard it's around 2000. As such, then 170 units on the market wouldn't be so astonishingly high... around 8.5%.

Having said that, I travel to Chattanooga often on business as we have a law office there in DT. Our founding partner in Chattanooga has several of the large developers there as clients, and he mentioned about three months ago that the surface lot at 4th and Broad is being pursued for a mixed use development of between 15-20 stories. Apparently it would need 4-5 levels of parking (with two levels of retail at street) to be approved by the planning commission. It would have 4-5 floors of office and the rest (5-8 floors) of residential containing apx 38-42 units.

Not sure about the total housing market in DT Chattanooga, but I've heard it's around 2000. As such, then 170 units on the market wouldn't be so astonishingly high... around 8.5%.

Having said that, I travel to Chattanooga often on business as we have a law office there in DT. Our founding partner in Chattanooga has several of the large developers there as clients, and he mentioned about three months ago that the surface lot at 4th and Broad is being pursued for a mixed use development of between 15-20 stories. Apparently it would need 4-5 levels of parking (with two levels of retail at street) to be approved by the planning commission. It would have 4-5 floors of office and the rest (5-8 floors) of residential containing apx 38-42 units.

From what I'm told, the demand for parking in that block would pretty much pay for that portion of the building... especially with the impending closure of the Unum lots. I've thought that that block is a key focal point in Chatty's DT. I'll see if I can get any updates on how the planning is going.

• 1 year later...
That lot needs something. It's just a "hole" between the CBD and the Riverfront area. IMO it is the perfect location for a development like that, near entertainment and businesses. If it is near the 20 story mark, it would seem that it would be among the taller buildings... They should add a few floors for a new tallest.

:shades:

Maybe all of the surface lots will get built over in the future....

Yes! Unum, will build a 1,450 car parking garage resulting in the sale of 12 acres of surface parking! The new garage will be built on the lot bordered by Fourth, Walnut, Fifth and Cherry streets. After this project most of Unum surface will be gone...

• 1 month later...
There are naysayers in every city. Many that say a tower won't be built here don't realize that there are people in this world who will do the "impossible' despite what others say. These people are visionary and they are risk takers. I consider Tony Giarratana a member of this group. Most people would say that it would be impossible to build a 1,057 Ft Hotel / residential Tower in a city like Nashville, but Tony doesn't listen to all the naysayers. He just makes it happen. If the right person decides to build a residential tower in Chattanooga, it will happen.....mark my words.

• 1 month later...
Try living here in Knoxville! "Haters" loath the new projects that are on the table. I think Cazana may be in this "group". Concerning Metropolitan Plaza, he says that "Knoxville needs this project to keep up with other growing southern cities. Somebody has to do it and that person will be me".

• 5 months later...

Archived