Future Skyline Rendering

Much like everyone else on this board, I've been fascinated with the recent amount of highrise proposals Charlotte has gotten just in the last year. I started modeling the skyline on Google SketchUp about a week ago and have continued doing so in my spare time. I have every proposal in this model except the Citadin and Levine Village. Most buildings do not have color (and detail) on this rendering but I promise I'll make it to where it looks realistic in future versions to come. If you have any suggestions for new buildings or changes to existing ones, feel free to ask! :) Here are the renderings from different views around Uptown:

CharlotteModel.jpg

CharlotteModel2.jpg

CharlotteModel3.jpg

CharlotteModel4.jpg

CharlotteModel6.jpg

CharlotteModel7.jpg

CharlotteModel8.jpg

CharlotteModel9.jpg

*NOTE: I know I have seen several other threads similar to this one, but I tired the search option and looking through the entire main section and 15 pages of the Coffee House Section.

Edited by DaAchiever

Much like everyone else on this board, I've been fascinated with the recent amount of highrise proposals Charlotte has gotten just in the last year. I started modeling the skyline on Google SketchUp about a week ago and have continued doing so in my spare time. I have every proposal in this model except the Citadin and Levine Village. Most buildings do not have color (and detail) on this rendering but I promise I'll make it to where it looks realistic in future versions to come. If you have any suggestions for new buildings or changes to existing ones, feel free to ask! :) Here are the renderings from different views around Uptown:

CharlotteModel.jpg

CharlotteModel2.jpg

CharlotteModel3.jpg

CharlotteModel4.jpg

CharlotteModel6.jpg

CharlotteModel7.jpg

CharlotteModel8.jpg

CharlotteModel9.jpg

*NOTE: I know I have seen several other threads similar to this one, but I tired the search option and looking through the entire main section and 15 pages of the Coffee House Section.

Excellent work! - especially on Epicenter/210! You should change your handle to "DaOverAchiever"!

PS: I've seen these threads before, and always wondered why they get deleted. Hope this one stays around.

Bravo! Brilliant work! Thank you for your hard work!

What I find interesting is that as thorough as these images are, there are several smaller structures not shown and if one were to make the other buildings 3-D; Uptown would be incredibly dense...nice to see surface parking lots going away!

BTW, can we imagine driving in on the Belk and seeing that Trump Tower from that level? Also, Imagine that view coming down the Blue Line...

Awesome job, puts my rendering to shame since I never got it finished (stupid Vista *shakes fists*) You shoulda let me know you were doing this, I would've been more than happy to send you some of my buildings.

EDIT: I love the boomerang-esk shape of the Trump tower you made and the HEIGHT :shok:

Edited by aussie luke

where is the Westin?

That would be really cool to see how our Skyline will literally be right beside the freeway.

If you look closely, it's to the right of the proposed Trump site. Due to the extreme height (1100 feet & 430 feet) of the Trump towers, you can't really see the Westin at that angle.

Thank you for all of the wonderful comments! :)

Incase some of you were wondering what our skyline would look like from various freeway angles, here are some photos:

CharlotteModel10.jpg

CharlotteModel11.jpg

CharlotteModel12.jpg

During some free time of mine I've added some color to a few more buildings and added every new development I could find on this site except Levine's Village. Every building in Uptown (except single family homes) has been included in this version. It still has some progress to make, but it's getting there!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4-1.jpg

5-1.jpg

6-1.jpg

7-1.jpg

Holy Detail Batman!! :shok:

Man, I need to rework my baseball field and BoA stadium. And is that how Citadin is positioned? I wasn't sure which street the towers would be on. Looks like I got it backwards. I left out poor ol' Arlington too.

Anyways, great job on this!! And I meant to thank you for reinspiring me to get back on this again too. Thanks!

Thank you for all of your wonderful comments guys! AussieLuke, I must say that you are the one that inspired me to do this. I remember seeing your incredible thread months ago and thinking how I should put something like it together. Thank you!

My crude version of the Trump project is 1100 feet while its smaller twin is about 500 feet. I think Bank of America still holds a dominance to the skyline because it's in the center of Uptown and is much larger than the skinny curvy Trump project. I think if the Trump towers are designed to have more massing to them then they might dominate the skyline.

Also, here is something I threw together real quick last night that shows the number of parking lots left if every project currently proposed in Uptown is built.

9-1.jpg

It's truly amazing how few parks are actually in the uptown area. The inner ring neighborhoods - Dilworth, PM, Wesley Heights all have great connectivity to multiple parks in each neighbordhood yet there is nothing in uptown. I can't wait until either a 4 acre of 8 acre park is established in uptown.

• 3 months later...

Aussie Luke inspired me to do some more work to my renderings. So I finally got around to adding some more detail to existing buildings and creating a few of the newer ones. I still have to work on the planned Novare buildings (Catalyst to be more specific), Bank of America HQ, Bell South Building, The Park, and 500 West Trade. Here's what I've done so far:

11-1.jpg

12-1.jpg

13-1.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

Your attention to detail on BoA stadium and the baseball field are amazing, I want to steal them! Also, I know I've said it before, but I love the Boomerang design of your Trump tower. I wish they would go ahead and at least release a mock rendering so the size, color, and shape of the tower wouldn't be so much in doubt. I also envy you for having used a much larger map plate so you were able to squeeze in the Arlington, it's almost too late for me to go back to a different plate now.