Future Skyline Rendering

• 5 months later...

• 8 months later...

Alright Guys, I've started doing my latest rendering. I've massed it out, after this i'll start making the shapes of the buildings themselves and rendering them out. I would usually wait til I'm done, but the massing is just so damn big city looking I couldn't help but share. Please note that Lincoln Harris is shown as "what I'd do" with the land, and I left out the Pressley because it sucks. 

charlotte-north-carolina-skyline-03.jpg

7 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Alright Guys, I've started doing my latest rendering. I've massed it out, after this i'll start making the shapes of the buildings themselves and rendering them out. I would usually wait til I'm done, but the massing is just so damn big city looking I couldn't help but share. Please note that Lincoln Harris is shown as "what I'd do" with the land, and I left out the Pressley because it sucks. 

Don't leave poor Skyhouse II out ;)

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/2/2016 at 2:41 PM, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

charlotte-north-carolina-skyline-03.jpg

You really nailed LH, right down to the beige...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JBS said:

You really nailed LH, right down to the beige...

Doesn't hurt that I've know the buildings location and been seeing renderings since last May. 

Boy am I wrong on Tryon place tho. I need to find this file and continue work

Edited by Guest

• 9 months later...
On 11/16/2017 at 4:35 PM, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Added in Duke and the Federal Courthouse. Too bad theres two buildings that can't go on yet officially ;-)

image.thumb.png.d4498d40da70e2015953ff8236ff4254.png

At a single view and in one masterful stroke, @ricky_davis_fan_21 has imagined what Lewis Mumford so eloquently attested to:

• "Men come together in the city to live; they remain there in order to live the good life."
  • "It is not for nothing that the building stones of the universe are the durable elements...."   
  • "The translation of ideas into common habits and customs, of personal choices and designs into urban structures, is one of the prime functions of the city."
  • "What makes the city in fact one is the common interest in justice and the common aim, that of pursuing the good life."
  • "....the city's main function (is) the enlargement in human consciousness of the drama of life itself, through whose enactment existence discloses fresh meanings."

Source:  Mumford, Lewis, The City in History, @1961.

Edited by QCxpat
Add 5th quote
  • Like 4