Future Skyline Rendering

Did I miss something? Or is the new Duke tower still a speculation?

The tower being built at some point soon is not speculation, neither is the height. The design is educated guessing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, JBS said:

Somehow, Legacy Union looks SOOO much better in your rendering.  Officially, I still hate it completely though...

Looks better in context of the skyline, it has a nice silhouette. I had to draw this as there are no renderings this direction, so it might not be 100% accurate.

Ricky for the love of God please tell me the leading design for the new Duke Tower isn’t matching the exterior of Duke Energy Center? Downtown already has too much of a campus feel, i.e. BofA Corporate and Hearst Tower. I like us adding a new ornate building that looks similar to PPG Place, but  damn can we not have the exterior match its neighbor. 

10 hours ago, Missmylab4 said:

Ricky for the love of God please tell me the leading design for the new Duke Tower isn’t matching the exterior of Duke Energy Center? Downtown already has too much of a campus feel, i.e. BofA Corporate and Hearst Tower. I like us adding a new ornate building that looks similar to PPG Place, but  damn can we not have the exterior match its neighbor. 

I'm pretty sure it will match :-(

One element that I think could really enhance the new Duke Tower would be including a slender glass pyramid inside the four corner points, with the pyramid being just slightly taller than the 4 corners.  I think that would help the top looking a bit fuller, while still maintaining a very unique crown. If not a pyramid specifically, some glass structure to help fill out the middle.  @ricky_davis_fan_21, can you float this idea from a humble UPer by someone? :) 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
9 minutes ago, SgtCampsalot said:

What are those mid-sized towers in 4th/1st ward?

I know of: Market 42, Carolina Theater tower, and...?

Developer for the Spirit Square, Library, Discovery Place, 6th-7th and Tryon Redevelopment should be public in the next 2-3 weeks. Thats what it is.