Future Skyline Rendering

44 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

yea for sure. But its really just proposed at this time. Keep in mind over the years no less than 5 different high rises have been proposed in Elizabeth. To me though, the grid system of Elizabeth will inspire high rise construction one day.

Less bullish than you because I don't feel the Streetcar will ever have very high usage, there seems to be neighborhood resistance to height, and the roads there are already kind of a mess.  I'd love to be wrong though, because the most helpful thing in Charlotte will be to expand dense and taller buildings near uptown rather than corporate parks in the burbs

Edited by Desert Power
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

I think no city right now whose developments are making their city as dense as Charlotte right now, (excluding NY, Chicago). I think there is a good base now to spread further around the loop and diffidently get something going on the north end. And even Camp North End because South End is creating this really nice flow from Uptown with a smaller skyline. 

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

In reality there are no concrete plans as of right now for either Brooklyn or Levine's land so no need to include them unfortunately. 

Theres concrete plans for Levine. It just won't ever happen.

• 2 months later...
2 minutes ago, origin.clt said:

Miscellaneous views featuring all of the currently announced developments and massings of what is rumored at Legacy Union and Spirit Square (per RDF).

n1.thumb.jpg.410442492fca8af34296567167619001.jpg

n2.thumb.jpg.38f3a2a50657e9a6c0e9d9c3e18b1d8b.jpg

n3.thumb.jpg.b1cd5d6836a94573a66ca1bb3de8a259.jpg

n4.thumb.jpg.fe4aa226826a3c5302bab70fea043568.jpg

n5.thumb.jpg.fff922908eba17b9fb95bd9807ef242e.jpg

n6.thumb.jpg.a1b79809972fc1820b6f1efcea8e61da.jpg

excellent! I'd be happy if spirit square, and LU develop like this. If Levine land ever did something, well I suspect wed have quite the city.

Miscellaneous views featuring all of the currently announced developments and massings of what is rumored at Legacy Union and Spirit Square (per RDF).
n1.thumb.jpg.410442492fca8af34296567167619001.jpg
n2.thumb.jpg.38f3a2a50657e9a6c0e9d9c3e18b1d8b.jpg
n3.thumb.jpg.b1cd5d6836a94573a66ca1bb3de8a259.jpg
n4.thumb.jpg.fe4aa226826a3c5302bab70fea043568.jpg
n5.thumb.jpg.fff922908eba17b9fb95bd9807ef242e.jpg
n6.thumb.jpg.a1b79809972fc1820b6f1efcea8e61da.jpg

Awesome work! Makes me miss working with SketchUp! One question. What about Brooklyn Village?
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, nakers2 said:

Is that tower at Legacy Union confirmed to be bigger than the BOAT? If so I could almost forgive the suburban-esque architecture.

Don't think so, pretty sure it's RDF's educated guess about where SunBB&Trust are going and how much they are scouting for.

The pinkish buildings are what I would consider rumors at this point, so none of those should be considered confirmed in size, shape or height.  The ones shown in gold have either broken ground or gone through some portion of land development review process and/or show positive signs of movement.

I'll look into adding what is currently shown in the Brooklyn Village proposal.

• Like 3

Is that tower at Legacy Union confirmed to be bigger than the BOAT? If so I could almost forgive the suburban-esque architecture.

Confirmed? No way José. Just know what BBTSuntrust is shopping for, and think this would be the most logical place. The question is would whoever builds the building create exactly the amount of space they need, or create 30% more or so, to lease out in addition. Could be the difference between 500 feet and 650-700.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, norm21499 said:

This looks absolutely amazing! You did a fantastic job. DEC2 will fight in into the skyline perfectly, and so will Ally.

When I started making renderings for this site, I think I used MS Paint.

32 minutes ago, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:
That looks fantastic!  One of my favorite views bc of how dense it looks and that the Vue adds to the cluster (usually secluded).  Would FNB poke out above that treeline you think? 

Nope, it’ll be well off to the right of the picture. Further broadening the view.

I could photoshop it tho...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Guest