Future Skyline Rendering

Do yourself a favor and check out this fly over tour of downtown charlotte from grubb properties website. Gives a quick glimpse of a future downtown charlotte.

http://www.elizabethavenue.com/Tour.html

That is REALLY cool. And it works, I am all enthused about Grubb's Elizabeth projects all over again

Very nice indeed. And at the beginning, it looks like the Wachovia building is taller than the BOA building, which was pretty cool. But it was just the angle (and the fact that it is, um, not real, lol). At the end, BOA is tallest again.

The whole thing is beautiful though. It makes Charlotte look like pretty impressive. :)

• 3 months later...
  • 4 years later...

too bad our 2 newest skyscrapers wont make a huge visual impact. Collectively all our smaller towers are really making our skyline look denser (hotel Sierra, Skye Condos, UNCC, Ritz).

Some angles if taken right from the traditional East Side view from 277 coming off independence towards Wilkinson makes us look as dense as Baltimore. Of course it's just the angle and an illusion but makes for an amazing picture.

• 1 year later...

Thanks guys, and as a 3-D reference of uptown construction since 2000, here's a color-coded map of uptown (give or take some lowrises)

color-codeduptownCharlotte2011.jpg

WHITE: Buildings built before 2000 or lowrises I forgot to highlight

GREEN: Buildings constructed thus far this last decade

YELLOW: Buildings/complexes currently under construction

RED: Currently proposed, pending, rumored, or planned projects not presently under construction

My loose definition of "under construction" is dirt having been moved or equipment on site in the sake of construction, not just soil sampling.

Holy memory lane, Batman.  Let's count all those projects in yellow and red that never happened

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Since you added it to the rendering I will ask. Do you have any insight into the Other Crescent project? Are we likely to see movement there soon?

I actually do have a little insight. Not on design or anything. But I have heard about prospective tenants in the project. 

I think we will see movement, Crescent is very bullish on uptown right now, and they are getting an injection of 700million cash thanks to sold properties.

I actually do have a little insight. Not on design or anything. But I have heard about prospective tenants in the project. 

I think we will see movement, Crescent is very bullish on uptown right now, and they are getting an injection of 700million cash thanks to sold properties.

What are the buildings beside the Nascar HOF?

• 1 month later...

This does not appear to be a brand new post:

http://globalflare.com/charlotte-skyline-finally-growing-adding-2-stunning-skyscrapers/

But I didn't see it reposted here yet.

It's been posted here before and that is a horrible "rendering". 300 South Tryon is not even facing the correct direction. I'm sure, however, it helps the laymen envision the height and general location of the new buildings though, 

• 2 weeks later...

Rendering_zpsa73222bf.jpg

work in progress eventually I will render each building like this. 

1381707_10100478937966667_2078300946_n_z

In the first rendering, what are the two front and center developments (near South Boulevard/East Stonewall and across from the NASCAR Hall of Fame)? I've kept up with Charlotte development for a while now, especially the past several months, and can't recall what these two projects could be.

And also, what is the second rendering with the Belk retail? Can't recall that one either.

I just recently created an account on this forum. Everyone's input on all the projects has been great. Excited about the future of our city!

The two front renderings are Ricky Davis's interpretation on what Crescent will be building at their Stonewall site. His interpretation is based off What the scale & scope of the project should be.

The rendering with Belk was his interpretation of what the Tryon Place would look like based off of descriptions of what posters described. The Belk was drawn in because that portion will be a fairly large retail chunk so he just made Belk the "anchor" because that's what we some of us really wanted to go there.

But now we know what Tryon place will look like and supposedly a German grocer (not Aldi's) is looking at the building for their US HQ.

The two front renderings are Ricky Davis's interpretation on what Crescent will be building at their Stonewall site. His interpretation is based off What the scale & scope of the project should be.

The rendering with Belk was his interpretation of what the Tryon Place would look like based off of descriptions of what posters described. The Belk was drawn in because that portion will be a fairly large retail chunk so he just made Belk the "anchor" because that's what we some of us really wanted to go there.

But now we know what Tryon place will look like and supposedly a German grocer (not Aldi's) is looking at the building for their US HQ.

He is asking about the rendering across from the Nascar Hall of fame.

cjolly92,  these are just placeholders for the rumored 2nd Crescent project in Uptown. They bought this land last year and apparently are looking to add hotel, residential, and retail in this area. Maybe office too, I can't remember.

He is asking about the rendering across from the Nascar Hall of fame.

cjolly92, these are just placeholders for the rumored 2nd Crescent project in Uptown. They bought this land last year and apparently are looking to add hotel, residential, and retail in this area. Maybe office too, I can't remember.

I'm aware of which buildings he was asking about. I answered both questions (Buildings across from NASCAR and what the building with Belk was)

Edited by AirNostrumMAD