Future Skyline Rendering

Awesome work. I can't recall what the tower north of Hearst, behind 7th St market from the light rail?

All good. It's the 36 floor apartment tower that was proposed about a year and half ago by an Atlanta developer. It probably fell through. But shrug.

Nice work as always, RD... Perhaps my brain is fried this morning, but there are a few questions I had:

1) What's the building on the other side of the 1st Ward park? Is that Canopy hotel?

2) What's the building behind Avenue?

3) Any more rumblings about Crescent's other project (hotel/apartments/office) or the possible hotel behind left field at BB&T stadium?

4) Is the dual branded hotel above Epicentre set for construction in 1Q still? That seems to have gone quiet.

Nice work as always, RD... Perhaps my brain is fried this morning, but there are a few questions I had:

1) What's the building on the other side of the 1st Ward park? Is that Canopy hotel?

2) What's the building behind Avenue?

3) Any more rumblings about Crescent's other project (hotel/apartments/office) or the possible hotel behind left field at BB&T stadium?

4) Is the dual branded hotel above Epicentre set for construction in 1Q still? That seems to have gone quiet.

1) Yes

2) 150-200 room Boutique Hotel (Maybe a Kimpton) above Foundation for Carolinas HQ/Carolina Theatre. They were talking about partnering with a developer for a 12-15 floor building on top of the 5 floor HQ building, in order to make this project more financially viable.

3) They are bullish on it, though I think Rental Multifamily is starting to fizzle. No Rumblings about BB&T Stadium Hotel/Office. They should have broken ground the second the season ended, but didn't so maybe we will see something at the end of next season. I think this project will absolutely happen, because Knights are relying on the leasing to supplement income in the off season. Not that they are struggling after surpassing expectations.

4) Still set for "ground breaking" or in this case "concrete breaking" they are still trying to get the permits approved, last time I checked.

Edited by Guest

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Looks AWESOME! 300 S Tryon is going to be blocked by the NASCAR building from this angle right?

Yep :-( 

I'm going to work on a new angle one of these days. I wish I could get a hold of a REALLY high resolution full skyline shot, then I could work my magic.

• 3 months later...

Wow, Ascent looks like a monstrosity.. Is it really going to stretch that much?

The Romare Bearden side should be a little narrower than is shown in this rendering. When i have more time I plan on redrawing, instead of photoshopping together based on renderings we have. Height, width (From BB&T Stadium facing view ) and placement is accurate. The height is shown to be the halfway between the highest parapet of Carillon and the tip of its crown.

• 3 weeks later...

Look at all that blue.  Think we need some beige.  :)

Good Point. I just remembered Tryon Place changed to a greener glass.

charlotte-uptown-skyline-2017_zpsiluwxds

I had a lot of fun with 300 South Tryon and Hotel Piedmont.

post-17104-0-76678300-1435616578_thumb.p

Edited by Guest